• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Is it just me or is it very easy in the Star Wars universe to sneak into an imperial base with a trooper’s gear or officer’s uniform? And escape after being recognized?

On 6/9/2022 at 3:31 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, that’s been a theme for a while. That and the marksmanship of the stormtroopers 

Thank you. I was watching this and the same old thought came across my mind. OK, let's sneak into the Imperial Base with troops all around and then just walk right out even though we're surrounded. Oops, here comes two Rebel ships to attack, thank goodness there's no radar or anything like that in the Star Wars Universe to detect incoming ships. Gets tiring time after time and I always wonder how the Empire ever took anything over in the first place. 

On 6/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, rexinnih said:

Gets tiring time after time and I always wonder how the Empire ever took anything over in the first place. 

I don’t think this has ever really been explored, that and I have too much free time, but the Empire never really took anything over, and it was doomed as soon as they decommissioned the cloning program.

The only thing that really changed is Palpatine seized control of the Republic and declared it an empire. Soon after that, the Empire decommissioned the tried and true cloning program that developed top tier war machines, for lack of a better term. The Empire felt its citizens who signed up to fight for the Empire would be more loyal and effective. I’m not sure exactly why they thought this, but they did. 

With few exceptions, Clone Troopers were far superior to Storm Troopers. Strategy, fighting ability, and marksmanship - no comparison. The decision to phase out Clone Troopers, could be viewed as the beginning of the end for the new Empire. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, rexinnih said:

Thank you. I was watching this and the same old thought came across my mind. OK, let's sneak into the Imperial Base with troops all around and then just walk right out even though we're surrounded. Oops, here comes two Rebel ships to attack, thank goodness there's no radar or anything like that in the Star Wars Universe to detect incoming ships. Gets tiring time after time and I always wonder how the Empire ever took anything over in the first place. 

That episode lost me when after the the spy helping Obi-Wan almost got caught by an imperial officer, told her to come with him and then knocked him out a few feet away from other officers and they just didn’t happen to hear or notice anything. 

Maybe I'm misremembering, but in the Clone Wars show, didn't Palpatine (as Supreme Chancellor) say or imply he would be Anakin's advocate for Jedi Master with the Jedi council?

On 6/13/2022 at 4:50 PM, Hekla said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but in the Clone Wars show, didn't Palpatine (as Supreme Chancellor) say or imply he would be Anakin's advocate for Jedi Master with the Jedi council?

Sadly a few people died before he was able to fulfill that promise. 

On 6/13/2022 at 3:50 PM, Hekla said:

It was Revenge of the Sith where he placed Anakin on the council as his emissary. The council agreed only so he could spy on Palpatine but they did not grant him the title of Master, which pissed Anakin off. 

On 6/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Jemin said:

It was Revenge of the Sith where he placed Anakin on the council as his emissary. The council agreed only so he could spy on Palpatine but they did not grant him the title of Master, which pissed Anakin off. 

ah, yes I remember now. I'd gotten my timeline mixed up.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:20 PM, MR SigS said:

People wrote, directed, "acted", and edited this, and were serious about it. Unreal.

and some other people took the time to comment on it. :) seriously (oops guess that make me guilty too)