• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 7:56 AM, Buzzetta said:

Maybe they are worried that by age ten that Leia might demonstrate some degree of force sensitivity.  In that case it might be best to send a Jedi to apprehend someone who is force sensitive and of high value

This is a very good point and one I had not thought of. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, The Meta said:

I don't see a realistic way of having Vader and Obi-Wan meet in this series

This is sequel level BS if they do

I thought I read in a few places the show will give new meaning to the Vader quote from ANH: 

"I sense something; a presence I have not felt since . . . "

The show could fill in that dramatic pause. If so, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do meet and battle and Obi-Wan still bests him. 

Would add another level to the other quote about the last time they met…“I was but a learner, now I am the master”

On 5/30/2022 at 2:34 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I thought I read in a few places the show will give new meaning to the Vader quote from ANH: 

"I sense something; a presence I have not felt since . . . "

The show could fill in that dramatic pause. If so, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do meet and battle and Obi-Wan still bests him. 

Would add another level to the other quote about the last time they met…“I was but a learner, now I am the master”

Actually it makes more sense Vader referring to his time as a padawan

No, having Vader and Obi-Wan face off here is just pandering once again 

Disapointing.  Screws with the canon. The Leia story line is too much as well.  They should let Faverau touch everything Star Wars like they do with Feige and Marvel. Something was just off the entire time.  Bad acting along the way too from the third inquisitor and that first Jedi.  Grand inquisitor too easy to kill

On 5/30/2022 at 4:47 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Disapointing.  Screws with the canon. The Leia story line is too much as well.  They should let Faverau touch everything Star Wars like they do with Feige and Marvel. Something was just off the entire time.  Bad acting along the way too from the third inquisitor and that first Jedi.  Grand inquisitor too easy to kill

I don’t think he’s dead…

Spoiler

he’s credited in all 6 episodes on IMDB.

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 5/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, The Meta said:

Actually it makes more sense Vader referring to his time as a padawan

No, having Vader and Obi-Wan face off here is just pandering once again 

Yeah, I get that, and it probably is pandering. Probably pandering to me who will eat it up, but I won’t be blind to how shameless it will be. 

Overall enjoyed the two shows.  My thoughts:

- Third Sister/Reva's acting is over top at times, to me. Trying to sell what she is saying, but comes across as just forced.

- Leia was taken because it is known that Obi Wan fought alongside Bail Organa, not because she is known as Vader's daughter (imo)

- Feel like there were a few times where the light saber did not look right or the angle was off (to the point where it look like if it was correct, it would go through a person)

I agree about Kenobi not using / losing his touch with the force (this was brought up in the video game Fallen Order, if anyone has played it) and waiting/wanting to train Luke. "I am little rough in the force right now but let me train you anyhow."

Still enjoyed it.

Got extra excited about seeing the Bad Batch second season trailer.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:55 PM, Grendel72 said:

Reva knew leia is Vader's daughter just by doing some checks ! And Vader had no clue till ROTJ. Bit hard to believe. 

When did they reveal this ?  I thought Reva just knew about the connection between Obi Wan and Bail Organa so thought by kidnapping Leia would mean Bail would reach out to Obi Wan.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:51 PM, Max Carnage said:

When did they reveal this ?  I thought Reva just knew about the connection between Obi Wan and Bail Organa so thought by kidnapping Leia would mean Bail would reach out to Obi Wan.

Yeah, the only thing she would know by looking through the Jedi Archives, like she said, is to know they fought together.

Some believe she was revealing that she knew Leia was his daughter, but I'm not sure about that. If so, there is more to how she knows

On 5/31/2022 at 5:56 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, the only thing she would know by looking through the Jedi Archives, like she said, is to know they fought together.

Some believe she was revealing that she knew Leia was his daughter, but I'm not sure about that. If so, there is more to how she knows

If this was true, I don't think Bail would say "Only you know how important she really is, Obi-Wan" when asking for his help.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, Max Carnage said:

If this was true, I don't think Bail would say "Only you know how important she really is, Obi-Wan" when asking for his help.

Yeah. Besides Yoda, Obi-Wan, Bail, and the droids in the room, the only other person that I'm quite confident who knows the secret is the Emperor. 

Toxic fans aside, the actress playing Reva is terrible.  Her acting is over the top and just not good.  My wife suggested that she needs to find a new occupation.

It's unfortunate that so many are crossing the line with their comments on twitter.

Edited by piper