• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2022 at 8:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

It truly was. There are thousands of these clones that were created.

I would assume there are those survivors lost out there across the Star Wars universe.

It's why I keep holding out hope for "Old Man" Rex to eventually show up in one of these new Star Wars series.  What would be "fun" is if the homeless "Clone Veteran" is actually Rex before he goes gray and shows up at some point in THIS series to give an assist to Obi Wan.  

Either way when it comes to Rex, Rebels closes with one character remarking that, " ...fought in the battle of Endor, as did Commander Rex." in regard to what happens to certain characters after the final episode. 

Everyone has desired for Disney to do an official retcon that this guy at the Endor bunker who is noticeably older than others in his squad to be Rex.

poster.jpg.91b05370e0f4e5af3b41040737741774.jpg

Only time will tell though.

Side note.  I was going to take a screen cap on the computer of the Clone Veteran in the Alley. 

Seems though that I cannot.  When I go to take the screen grab it only records a black image so the whole image is redacted.  That was not always the case with Disney+.  In fact I just took a screen grab from a Marvel movie a few months ago for a CGC Board Meme. 

Will have to check that out further if the new stuff is protected or everything. 

On 5/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, Buzzetta said:

It's why I keep holding out hope for "Old Man" Rex to eventually show up in one of these new Star Wars series.  What would be "fun" is if the homeless "Clone Veteran" is actually Rex before he goes gray and shows up at some point in THIS series to give an assist to Obi Wan.  

Either way when it comes to Rex, Rebels closes with one character remarking that, " ...fought in the battle of Endor, as did Commander Rex." in regard to what happens to certain characters after the final episode. 

Everyone has desired for Disney to do an official retcon that this guy at the Endor bunker who is noticeably older than others in his squad to be Rex.

poster.jpg.91b05370e0f4e5af3b41040737741774.jpg

Only time will tell though.

You’d think they’d keep dropping info between Bad Batch and shows like this about how he went from how we see him in Bad Batch to where we find him in Rebels - hiding out on a far off planet with two other clones. 

In fact, at the time Obi-Wan takes place he is on that far off planet, but unclear as to how long. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I give 7/10 for these two episodes. The second episode is pretty good if you just forget the first episode. Still better than Star Wars movies 1-3 and 7-9.  I hope we don't see Leia anymore. Maybe some fans wanted to see young Leia and guess what she is doing?!? Answer: normal kid stuff. The whole plot that Bail Organa asks Obi-Wan to help them don't make any sense. Why they don't just ask help from military? They are taking a huge risk. Bail says something that they don't want draw much publicity because they don't want people to see how valuable Leia is?!? The general public already knows that she is daughter of a powerful man so people already think that she is valuable even thou they don't know she is a daughter of Anakin Skywalker.
Also now Leia and Obi-wan know each other so probably Leia would have said something to Luke after Obi-Wan died?!?

When they(Disney,Lucas..) are trying to explain stuff they just create more plot holes. Like that comic book story that Luke went back to Cloud City to retrieve his X-Wing?!? He risked being captured just to get his old plane back :ohnoez:

On 5/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, godzilla43 said:

I give 7/10 for these two episodes. The second episode is pretty good if you just forget the first episode. Still better than Star Wars movies 1-3 and 7-9.  I hope we don't see Leia anymore. Maybe some fans wanted to see young Leia and guess what she is doing?!? Answer: normal kid stuff. The whole plot that Bail Organa asks Obi-Wan to help them don't make any sense. Why they don't just ask help from military? They are taking a huge risk. Bail says something that they don't want draw much publicity because they don't want people to see how valuable Leia is?!? The general public already knows that she is daughter of a powerful man so people already think that she is valuable even thou they don't know she is a daughter of Anakin Skywalker.
Also now Leia and Obi-wan know each other so probably Leia would have said something to Luke after Obi-Wan died?!?

When they(Disney,Lucas..) are trying to explain stuff they just create more plot holes. Like that comic book story that Luke went back to Cloud City to retrieve his X-Wing?!? He risked being captured just to get his old plane back :ohnoez:

I agree with a lot of that. 

I give the first episode a 8.5, and the second a 7.0. 

The first episode was good, better when I noticed there were decently long stretches with very little dialogue - visual storytelling was really good. I liked that Obi-Wan just tried to disappear into a nothing worker and yet still kept an eye on young Luke. First episode was better than I had expected. Enough humor to keep it from getting too dim. 

Second episode, not so much. Major plot-hole like you mentioned - why bring in Kenobi to rescue a high-profile well-known princess, everyone knows she's valuable, derrr! And then young Leia was absolutely annoying AF. Not "feisty" like adult Leia, but worse, and out of a 10-year old is insufferable. Looks like Obi-Wan lost almost all of his force abilities? Why? If he's supposed to watch over Luke, why not at least try to keep your force abilities up to par in case you need to, you know, like PROTECT Luke!? I liked the Blade-Runner-esque feel of Daiyu. Also like the cameo from Morrison as a 501st veteran clone trooper. I hope to never see Kumail Nanjiani ever again, not just in Star Wars, but in anything, ever again. Ugh.  

I pretty much said the same thing about Kumail after his first scene but I kinda liked his character when he helped Obi-wan. Like there is real human being among the Jedis. What I found strange that he did not have any force abilities because he was a Jedi apprentice? Also there was a real strange cut on that second episode. Inquisitor Reva was chasing them and then cut and Obi-Wan and Leia were out of harms way. Like she was never even close to catching them.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:05 PM, jcjames said:

Looks like Obi-Wan lost almost all of his force abilities? Why? If he's supposed to watch over Luke, why not at least try to keep your force abilities up to par in case you need to, you know, like PROTECT Luke!?

I’m not 100% sure, but I think why Bail wanted Obi-Wan to go after Leia is because he knew the reason she was taken was because she’s Vader’s daughter. I think this info may be more known than we know, but I have nothing to base that off of. 

As to Obi-Wan not using his force abilities, I get it for a few reasons. By detaching himself from the force, he is able to resist the urge to help and find balance in it. That’s what got the other Jedi found and killed. Also, if any of the Inquisitors sensed him using the force (many are former Jedi) or received a report from someone seeing him use the force, then he’d be found out. All of this I get, and it made it easier for him to live with the war being over and the Jedi lost…

what I don’t understand…yet, is if the above is all true, then why was he trying to convince Owen to allow for Luke to train as a Jedi? That seems like him wanting to right a wrong, but he’s shown such restraint for 10 years, why would he let hubris get in the way of living out his days safe?

On 5/28/2022 at 4:25 PM, godzilla43 said:

I pretty much said the same thing about Kumail after his first scene but I kinda liked his character when he helped Obi-wan. Like there is real human being among the Jedis. What I found strange that he did not have any force abilities because he was a Jedi apprentice? Also there was a real strange cut on that second episode. Inquisitor Reva was chasing them and then cut and Obi-Wan and Leia were out of harms way. Like she was never even close to catching them.

Was he an apprentice? I missed that if so. I just thought he saw an opportunity to make money off of people in need and knew of a place to send force sensitive individuals, so he played an act.

As for Reva, she was close, but that few moments when she argued with and wounded (he’s not dead) the Grand Inquisitor, he took off. 

On 5/28/2022 at 1:27 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I’m not 100% sure, but I think why Bail wanted Obi-Wan to go after Leia is because he knew the reason she was taken was because she’s Vader’s daughter. I think this info may be more known than we know, but I have nothing to base that off of. 

As to Obi-Wan not using his force abilities, I get it for a few reasons. By detaching himself from the force, he is able to resist the urge to help and find balance in it. That’s what got the other Jedi found and killed. Also, if any of the Inquisitors sensed him using the force (many are former Jedi) or received a report from someone seeing him use the force, then he’d be found out. All of this I get, and it made it easier for him to live with the war being over and the Jedi lost…

what I don’t understand…yet, is if the above is all true, then why was he trying to convince Owen to allow for Luke to train as a Jedi?

I'll have to rewatch, I don't know how anyone would know Leia's identity, and if anyone did know, wouldn't Vader know too? Your point about Obi Wan not wanting to be found by using the force makes sense, but then like you said, why press for Luke to be trained in it then? 

On 5/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, Grendel72 said:

Reva knew leia is Vader's daughter just by doing some checks ! And Vader had no clue till ROTJ. Bit hard to believe. 

Only thing I can think is that she knows but lied about how she knows. I’m thinking she has a direct line to Palps…who knows. 

No way that is true. If Reva knows then Vader and whole empire knows that Leia is Vader's daughter. I hope that they don't say something like that.

When Kumail helped Obi-wan he said that there is people waiting on that place where they were going that can help. Then Obi-wan said his name and he was like ou you remembered my name..

On 5/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, godzilla43 said:

No way that is true. If Reva knows then Vader and whole empire knows that Leia is Vader's daughter. I hope that they don't say something like that.

When Kumail helped Obi-wan he said that there is people waiting on that place where they were going that can help. Then Obi-wan said his name and he was like ou you remembered my name..

Got it, I thought he told him that at the beginning and he was just happy Obi-Wan remembered 45 minutes later lol 

As to your first point, that’s not necessarily true. The emperor has done some pretty messed up stuff to Vader and withheld a lot of info from him including knowledge of Luke being his son. Reva working for the Emperor behind the scenes while she is supposed to be working for Vader would not be that far fetched. 

On 5/28/2022 at 6:13 PM, CheeseFrog said:

The mercenaries that take Leia…

Anyone get a good look at the green scaly lady?

May be a reach, but does that remind you of anyone?

I need to watch again, but that would be crazy if it’s Deva Lompop. Actually, now that you mention it, she used to date a Zabrak who she ate lol in that WOTBH Jabba the Hutt issue. Wonder if that’s the same Zabrak in the gang. 

With that said, she seems pretty bad A and not someone to take orders from anyone except the big crime bosses. I don’t think Flea is on their level. Who knows. Good eyes. 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:18 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I need to watch again, but that would be crazy if it’s Deva Lompop. Actually, now that you mention it, she used to date a Zabrak who she ate lol in that WOTBH Jabba the Hutt issue. Wonder if that’s the same Zabrak in the gang. 

With that said, she seems pretty bad A and not someone to take orders from anyone except the big crime bosses. I don’t think Flea is on their level. Who knows. Good eyes. 

Yeah- not 100% thinking it’s actually her.  She didn’t die though… so maybe that’s something.

I know Deva is a newly introduced alien race.  Wondering if this mercenary is a member of the same…

I enjoyed both episodes. The chase scene in the second had its issues.
But thats just nitpicking. I loved the ending to the 2nd episode. 

I am just curious to see how this plays out. I mean by the beginning of 
SW he is back to being an unknown again so some time lapsed here, 
but how does Vader just give up is the answer I want to know.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:02 AM, fastballspecial said:

I enjoyed both episodes. The chase scene in the second had its issues.
But thats just nitpicking. I loved the ending to the 2nd episode. 

I am just curious to see how this plays out. I mean by the beginning of 
SW he is back to being an unknown again so some time lapsed here, 
but how does Vader just give up is the answer I want to know.

Thought of that too.  I mean we only have to wait four weeks for that answer.  

Maybe Obi-Wan fakes his death?

Maybe they play up the meme that Vader hates sand? 

Maybe Obi-Wan's PTSD becomes so intense that Vader no longer considers him a Jedi at that point but believes leaving him a shell of his former self is a living hell and more of a punishment than Vader can deliver through Obi-Wan's death?

Maybe we get an Emperor appearance and Vader is told to stay away from Tattooine?