• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Slabbed Good Girl Art Collection

1,029 posts in this topic

Another CL win:

torchy5cgc85flf7.jpg

I was prepared to bid strong on that ($855) but decided aganist it last minute. That means you owe me at least $150, because I know you would outbid me just like you did on the other 10 books. :baiting:

I was surprised it sold for under guide. I think and 8.5 copy went for $950 a few months ago. I guess the slight rusting on the top staple was a deterent for some bidders. I personally don't mind slight rusting as long as it hasn't migrated onto the book itself. I've had books with this defect for over 5 years now and haven't noticed any change if stored properly.

I just looked at it, very impressive. About how many more do you think you need to complete your goals?

I'm not exactly sure. There are a couple of must have issues that I need to add to my collection, but I don't have a set goal in mind. I'm also thinking of upgrading about 20 to 30 books.

My guess is that I'll probably shrink my collection to about 250 GGA books within the next 5 years, and sell some of the non-key, lower grade copies. I can always purchase these back at a later date.

I just looked at it, very impressive.

What he said, doubled. (worship)

Thanks,

I own about 350 slabbed GGA books, with another 30 being currently graded by CGC. If you click on my sig line, you can view most of them.

Hoarder :baiting:

The more books that you buy, it just makes the collection that much more impressive. (thumbs u

I liked the cover for Exciting 58 but I thought it might be censored. Perhaps Schomburg used a shorter costume?

Since the rhino is still there to do his damage, I am not sure why they would have changed it. What do you think?

bb

2848060733_b5fcac6b46_b.jpg

2848060883_77761e9089_b.jpg

I found these scans on line and thought they deserved a posting.

I don't have a Nightmare magazine but it looks like it would be worth buying.

bb

2850299871_aa9b60c7b8_o.jpg

I love the Wonder covers and the stories with Mr. Potato Head.

2851131144_9742dbdaa7_o.jpg

These are probably under valued but cool.

2850300475_198e04789b_b.jpg