• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Slabbed Good Girl Art Collection

1,029 posts in this topic

I like the GGA on this horror cover:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Who is the artist on the horror book?

I really don't know. Anyone else have a clue?

GCD shows Kinstler and Orlando artwork inside.

Any chance this is a collaboration -- Kinstler or a swipe/paste-up from Kinstler on the woman, another hand on the spirits?

Jack

Any chance this is a collaboration -- Kinstler or a swipe/paste-up from Kinstler on the woman, another hand on the spirits?

Jack

I would suspect Kinstler is the cover artist and have no problem believing that he drew the spirits.

Then again I was wrong about the GI Joe cover. :sorry:

Jack

I would suspect Kinstler is the cover artist and have no problem believing that he drew the spirits.

I have no reason to doubt you -- I'm not used to seeing Kinstler draw anything so "cartoonish". Can you point to other examples?

Then again I was wrong about the GI Joe cover. :sorry:

And we'll NEVER let you live it down. :baiting:

Jack

The Church copy of Zoot #13:

I saw that book raw many moons ago when a friend of mine owned it. The yellows on that book are blinding! :cool:

Thanks. (thumbs u

The Fight #76 and 80 went a little higher than expected. I won both for around 2.5 X guide.

You outbid/sniped me on ALL of those except for the Kaanga 5. :frustrated:

Last couple auctions lots of Jungle, Fight, etc. went cheap. This time almost nothing went cheap, and a few 2-3 X OS or well over GPA.

Looks like GGA is no longer a bargain on these CL auctions.

While looking for Camilla art by Baker, I noticed the character changed a little over the years.

bb

2806072152_1257fca4f1_o.jpg

2806072504_d7dc8ac5fa_o.jpg

2805221263_a1b507c5ca_o.jpg

2805236589_28d8fb349c_o.jpg

The last scan looks like Baker's art. The first three are from early 20s issues supplied by Goldenagecomics.UK.

Thanks. (thumbs u

The Fight #76 and 80 went a little higher than expected. I won both for around 2.5 X guide.

You outbid/sniped me on ALL of those except for the Kaanga 5. :frustrated:

Last couple auctions lots of Jungle, Fight, etc. went cheap. This time almost nothing went cheap, and a few 2-3 X OS or well over GPA.

Looks like GGA is no longer a bargain on these CL auctions.

I still think it's only a few people driving prices up on these non-key issues. I bet if I put these 2 books up for auction next month, there's a good chance that they'd sell for 20 to 30% less. For instance, the Fight #47 CGC 8.5 went for almost half guide.