• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, Wolverinex said:

What's wrong with TJ Maxx?

On 11/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not a thing!

:sumo:

There are a lot of things that I have found hunting through its sister store, Home Goods. 

I love me some Home Goods. 

That place can be dangerous on the wallet.  

I will leave my 'man card' on the shelf now. 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

There are a lot of things that I have found hunting through its sister store, Home Goods. 

I love me some Home Goods. 

That place can be dangerous on the wallet.  

I will leave my 'man card' on the shelf now. 

Nonsense, end tables and lamps don’t buy themselves.  Unless you have a wife of course.

Spider-Man: Homecoming bucked the trend of the Spider-Man films by not incorporating Peter Parker's main love interest Mary Jane. Instead, Liz Allen was inserted into the movie as Peter's crush and eventual date to the high school homecoming dance - and later, became central to the major twist of the film. But Liz Allen could have introduced a major new paradigm shift in the cinematic series by bringing in mutants into the fold.

Liz Allen first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15, the debut issue of Spider-Man. She wasn't named in the issue, but future Marvel guides and titles list this as her first appearance; she wasn't given a name until The Amazing Spider-Man #4. Peter was infatuated with Liz early on, but she had a crush on Spider-Man and not Peter Parker (she later admitted she did have feelings for him, but he was already hopelessly entangled in a complex love triangle with Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane). She would later go on to become a supporting character and her importance slowly diminished over time.

However in the Ultimate Universe, Liz's characterization was quite different. Introduced at a party flirting with Peter (she was drunk at the time), Liz was eventually revealed to be a mutant; this was an ironic development, as Liz had a phobia of mutants and even insulted Kitty Pryde when she visited her school.

But much to Liz's horror, she actually was a mutant herself, and became the Ultimate version of Firestar. She eventually made peace with Kitty Pryde and the X-Men. 

Got tickets for me and my dad on the 17th. :)

Both showings will be EMAX (IMAX screen). Best picture and sound in the state.

This is the first movie I have been excited to see in theaters since Endgame. Really wish ZSJL had a theatrical run, 'cause I was obviously super excited for that. Endgame and ZSJL are probably equal hype (for me) in hindsight.

People are going through what we called it in Alaska as 'cabin fever'. Now that they assume the pandemic is winding down, they want to go see this movie by any means. To including bidding on ebay listings and overpaying for movie tickets.

I wonder with the new variant of COVID if we will see an initial big box office and then moviegoers pull back? Time will tell. We are in that initial consumer frenzy right now.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

People are going through what we called it in Alaska as 'cabin fever'. Now that they assume the pandemic is winding down, they want to go see this movie by any means. To including bidding on ebay listings and overpaying for movie tickets.

I wonder with the new variant of COVID if we will see an initial big box office and then moviegoers pull back? Time will tell. We are in that initial consumer frenzy right now.

IMO it has more to do with the realization that it's not going away, rather than it is "going away". People are finally ready to accept that it will be here for another 100 years a la influenza.

It's also Spider-Man, Sinister Six, Doctor Strange, legacy Sony characters via the multiverse, etc etc etc. As long as theaters be open, people were going to fill the seats. If there ever was an MCU film that would "save the theater industry single-handed", this was going to be it.

I think that The Batman, and whatever next big (yes, big, not experimental - DS2?) MCU film comes out will also do very well.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

IMO it has more to do with the realization that it's not going away, rather than it is "going away". People are finally ready to accept that it will be here for another 100 years a la influenza.

It's also Spider-Man, Sinister Six, Doctor Strange, legacy Sony characters via the multiverse, etc etc etc. As long as theaters be open, people were going to fill the seats. If there ever was an MCU film that would "save the theater industry single-handed", this was going to be it.

I think that The Batman, and whatever next big (yes, big, not experimental - DS2?) MCU film comes out will also do very well.

Agreed that NWH was going to drive moviegoer excitement.

But people bidding up movie tickets on Ebay to ensure they get to see THIS MOVIE is crazy cabin fever.

Ebay_NWH.thumb.jpg.2e77d0fe18a53032c4fecf3a2f1ab262.jpg

Or do you call this 'the new normal'??

On 11/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

Agreed that NWH was going to drive moviegoer excitement.

But people bidding up movie tickets on Ebay to ensure they get to see THIS MOVIE is crazy cabin fever.

Ebay_NWH.thumb.jpg.2e77d0fe18a53032c4fecf3a2f1ab262.jpg

Or do you call this 'the new normal'??

I would say that we're both right. "New normal" plus "cabin fever". A perfect storm for NWH. This movie looks too good to miss, unlike Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and The Eternals, among others.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would say that we're both right. "New normal" plus "cabin fever". A perfect storm for NWH. This movie looks too good to miss, unlike Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and The Eternals, among others.

But it really comes down my original point you missed - there are some that are blowing big money on movie tickets because they MUST see this movie to feel free again.

I don't think we saw a frenzy like this with any of the other pandemic movies. $200 (+) for one movie ticket??!!

On 11/30/2021 at 8:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

But it really comes down my original point you missed - there are some that are blowing big money on movie tickets because they MUST see this movie to feel free again.

I don't think we saw a frenzy like this with any of the other pandemic movies. $200 (+) for one movie ticket??!!

Pretty sure this happened for both Infinity War and Endgame. I thought that it was discussed here. Could have been on other social media.