• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

Not talking abt NWH but in general they sure dont stage crowd reaction like this any more.  Realistic AF.

Compare to crowds in like green lantern helicopter scene or spider man 3 with venom.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, Larryw7 said:

The first time I saw the first Superman was opening weekend in 1978. I was twelve. To me, it was the best movie I ever saw up to that time. It's still one of my top ten favorite movies. I watched it two weeks ago in 4k.

I was 20 and likewise.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:31 PM, Straw-Man said:

supe 1 will forever reside in a hallowed place with me.   lawd, how many times did i go to the theater to see it.  

I only saw it three times in the theater in '78 because 12 year old kids have limited funds and transportation issues. But I made up for that with Superman 2. I must have seen that one twenty times. When my family got our first VCR,.my first rental was Superman, and I watched it every day for a week.

Superman 1 was before my time, but it's a classic, and Feige has said that the MCU wouldn't exist without it (much like how other superhero comic books wouldn't exist without AC1). Man of Steel is in my Top-10 movies (period), much like Superman 1 is for you, @Larryw7.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Superman 1 was before my time, but it's a classic, and Feige has said that the MCU wouldn't exist without it (much like how other superhero comic books wouldn't exist without AC1). Man of Steel is in my Top-10 movies (period), much like Superman 1 is for you, @Larryw7.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:30 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

I rewatched Spider-man 2 a few weeks back (the Doc Ock Rami version) and was struck by how much it reminded me of Donners Superman movies. Such charm an innocence to those movies.

Realized the wife had never seen the Raimi movies, so we watched Spider-Man last week, and it's really terrific. They totally get the character, his world, all of it. The Power Ranger Goblin suit sucks, but everything else about it is perfect. We're going to roll Spider-Man 2 this weekend, which is probably still my favorite superhero movie of all time.

I saw No Way Home right before Christmas, and like most of these movies, I thought it was fine. There's no question it's worlds better than the first two, which I did not like at all. At the end it feels like they're getting the character closer to being Spider-Man. I can live with it. What was really odd about the experience was that this is one of two movies I've seen in a theater since COVID started; The first was Edgar Wrights The Sparks Brothers doc, which I wasn't going to miss for anything. Well worth it, as there were only four people in the theater so it was relatively safe, I suppose. The second was this one, and the theater was packed. Knowing how people love these movies, I expected a huge reaction, which really makes these movies a lot of fun, you know? But our theater was quiet as a churchmouse. The jokes didn't land at all (a couple of chuckles here and there) and there were no gasps, no applause, none of that stuff. It was kind of a bummer because for my first big movie back, I was kinda hoping for that communal experience. If the crowd enjoyed it, they sure didn't show it. Which seems doubly odd, considering this movie has been so well received in general, and is so successful. 

Looking forward to watching it again at home and cranking up the sound, and playing it on a bright 4k scream. The screening I went to was far too underprojected and dim. I may have to give up on theaters altogether, as they can't match the home experience for me anymore.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's catching up with Eternals now.

iZFZGgt.gif.59a9692ad32bee24d73f487b6f7b81f6.gif

some have been known to watch eternals over and over-catching brilliant film masterpiece stuff they didnt knowtice the first time around.  It such a breathtaking master of a movie its the gift that keeps on giving the more you watch it.  There are reports of people becoming spontaneously enlightened, watching that movie.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

Spider-Verse is still going strong!

SpiderVerse_BO220114.thumb.PNG.50b09f707e57f0e572b1be1efdae8d33.PNG

are those dollars adjusted for inflation?