• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

Nothing against the guy, but I'm tired of seeing Tom Holland.  I'm sure my opinion will change when the new Spider-Man movie is announced but I really could use a break from seeing him everyday in my newsfeed and recommended videos.

***If he pops up in Doctor Strange I'm going to lose it

On 2/20/2022 at 6:17 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Nothing against the guy, but I'm tired of seeing Tom Holland.  I'm sure my opinion will change when the new Spider-Man movie is announced but I really could use a break from seeing him everyday in my newsfeed and recommended videos.

Yeah, I'm sure he (and his agent) are super excited to see his career explode as it has, but there is such a thing a super-saturating your market.  He should take some time off.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Yeah, I'm sure he (and his agent) are super excited to see his career explode as it has, but there is such a thing a super-saturating your market.  He should take some time off.

Its a shame Daniel Radcliffe can't find a good production to be in

On the other hand, quality has taken a huge nosedive 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:17 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The first thing they're  going to have to do is stop pretending the success of any of these movies has anything to do with Tom Holland.  

-J.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It's what modern society does nowadays: Binge whatever you like until you no longer enjoy it. Tom Holland, Dwayne Johnson, etc.

I do the same thing with certain foods sometimes.

Watched NWH again with the wife this weekend, her first time, my second. This time it was from the comfort of my own couch, with my own sound system, and I enjoyed the experience much more. I haven't been a fan of the MCU Spidey movies, but I like this one, and think it's definitely the closest they've gotten to a real Spider-Man so far. I'd put it solidly in fourth place behind Spider-man 2, Spider-Man, and Into the Spider-Verse. Actually, those would be the four Spider-movies I'd consider watching again. The rest, not so much.

Edited by F For Fake

On 2/21/2022 at 4:35 PM, F For Fake said:

Watched NWH again with the wife this weekend, her first time, my second. This time it was from the comfort of my own couch, with my own sound system, and I enjoyed the experience much more. I haven't been a fan of the MCU Spidey movies, but I like this one, and think it's definitely the closest they've gotten to a real Spider-Man so far. I'd put it solidly in fourth place behind Spider-man 2, Spider-Man, and Into the Spider-Verse. Actually, those would be the four Spider-movies I'd consider watching again. The rest, not so much.

Honestly, for me, all of the Spider-Men movies are re-watchable. SM3 and TASM2 kinda suck, but they still have entertainment value.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Honestly, for me, all of the Spider-Men movies are re-watchable. SM3 and TASM2 kinda suck, but they still have entertainment value.

I like parts of Spider-Man 3, like all of the Sandman stuff. It's great. But the Venom stuff is just too much for me. The Andrew Garfield movies, I just can't. Once was enough. Life is too short. ha

On 2/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He's the best Spider-Man, though. :sumo:

I don't have a problem with him, and he's actually probably the best thing about those movies. In fact, I'd say just about the only things I like about ASM/ASM2 are him, and I also really liked the Spidey suit in ASM2. I thought it was the closest we'd gotten to a proper Spider-Man costume in the movies so far. Otherwise...I did not like those movies. At all. But, I would never tell anyone else they shouldn't like them. Different strokes and all that. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, F For Fake said:

I like parts of Spider-Man 3, like all of the Sandman stuff. It's great. But the Venom stuff is just too much for me. The Andrew Garfield movies, I just can't. Once was enough. Life is too short. ha

I rewatched Spider-Man 3 a few months back and was reminded how solid and emotional the Sandman backstory and motivations were in this film. Arad forcing Raimi to insert Venom to appease his 'make it bigger' producer desires disrupted what could have been another Spider-Man classic film. But even with that, the diamond is there if folks give themselves a chance to enjoy it. To include how Uncle Ben's death still had strong meaning to the franchise.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

I rewatched Spider-Man 3 a few months back and was reminded how solid and emotional the Sandman backstory and motivations were in this film. Arad forcing Raimi to insert Venom to appease his 'make it bigger' producer desires disrupted what could have been another Spider-Man classic film. But even with that, the diamond is there if folks give themselves a chance to enjoy it. To include how Uncle Ben's death still had strong meaning to the franchise.

I agree 100% on the Sandman stuff, I think it's really great, and if we could have had a film of just that, I think it would stand up well against the first two. The Venom stuff spoiled it for me, but then again, I've always hated Venom. I should probably give Spider-Man 3 another shot. I think a new 4k UHD set is coming out (or heck, it may already be out) so I'll pick that up and give Spidey 3 another look. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:25 AM, F For Fake said:

I don't have a problem with him, and he's actually probably the best thing about those movies. In fact, I'd say just about the only things I like about ASM/ASM2 are him, and I also really liked the Spidey suit in ASM2. I thought it was the closest we'd gotten to a proper Spider-Man costume in the movies so far. Otherwise...I did not like those movies. At all. But, I would never tell anyone else they shouldn't like them. Different strokes and all that. 

I think that the first one is okay. The sequel is quite a mess.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:02 AM, F For Fake said:

agreed 100%

I also didnt like how the goblin punkin bombs changed the force of their explosions based on the plot.  one minute a direct blast merely scars osborne's face the next it completely vaporizes symbiote and bends steel bars like nobody's business.
Garfield just didnt look like a spider man to me but in NWH I liked him finally.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:17 AM, Jaydogrules said:

The first thing they're  going to have to do is stop pretending the success of any of these movies has anything to do with Tom Holland.  

-J.

With the exception of Civil War, Tom Holland is a charisma vacuum.