• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

their goal is to keep you subscribed

you whoever you are

male/female/mom/dad/18-30/30-54 etc

they are using the characters they purchased, they are not interested in making comic movies/shows, they are interested in keeping and growing subscribers (in the case of tv shows)

sure the first set was all about pushing the MCU narrative, it's evident that the movies don't need the help of the shows but the shows still need the help of the movies

On 8/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, jsilverjanet said:

their goal is to keep you subscribed

you whoever you are

male/female/mom/dad/18-30/30-54 etc

they are using the characters they purchased, they are not interested in making comic movies/shows, they are interested in keeping and growing subscribers (in the case of tv shows)

sure the first set was all about pushing the MCU narrative, it's evident that the movies don't need the help of the shows but the shows still need the help of the movies

this is why warner and discovery had to merge. they're losing the streaming wars to Netflix and Disney. I had HBO max....for one month. Just to watch Swamp Thing. I saw no other shows I wanted to watch in the near future so I cancelled. I didn't even pay anything since I got the free intro month. 

Netflix has Prime. They have some other benefits beside just the streaming. 

Disney spaces out their shows every two months. If I pay one month for nothing, it's not that big of a deal. If there was 6 months of no content, I'd just cancel and sign up again. But they have their slate of shows down to a science. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:39 PM, Lpgk said:

this is why warner and discovery had to merge. they're losing the streaming wars to Netflix and Disney. I had HBO max....for one month. Just to watch Swamp Thing. I saw no other shows I wanted to watch in the near future so I cancelled. I didn't even pay anything since I got the free intro month. 

Netflix has Prime. They have some other benefits beside just the streaming. 

Disney spaces out their shows every two months. If I pay one month for nothing, it's not that big of a deal. If there was 6 months of no content, I'd just cancel and sign up again. But they have their slate of shows down to a science. 

Honestly I probably watch more HBO max of the ones I have

prime 

netflix 

Disney+

On 8/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Honestly I probably watch more HBO max of the ones I have

prime 

netflix 

Disney+

Prime needs to develop enough content to have a "Vought channel" as part of the Prime subscription. That being said, with the Boys, Wheel of Time, and LotR, it is still a must in our household.

HBO Max and Disney+ are likely our highest two from a viewing standpoint.

The only show on Netflix I have watched since the last season of Drive to Survive is Sandman. I am getting close to cancelling as most of the stuff on it is shi te. If they do not do a Sandman Season 2 then it is toast.

Edited by kimik

On 8/20/2022 at 1:00 AM, kimik said:

Prime needs to develop enough content to have a "Vought channel" as part of the Prime subscription. That being said, with the Boys, Wheel of Time, and LotR, it is still a must in our household.

HBO Max and Disney+ are likely our highest two from a viewing standpoint.

The only show on Netflix I have watched since the last season of Drive to Survive is Sandman. I am getting close to cancelling as most of the stuff on it is shi te. If they do not do a Sandman Season 2 then it is toast.

Hopefully that Conan the Barbarian show turns out to be a hit.

:wishluck:

There's vertical power-scaling in which an individual superhero grows ever more powerful.

Inverse with Banner's hulk: he grows progressively less powerful, more Ruffalo.

There's horizontal power-scaling in which all individuals express the X-gene.

'We have a hulk.'

I watched the first episode last night. I liked it!

My issues with the Hulk as a character don't change. I hate that Mark Ruffalo's normal voice is used when he's the Hulk. It doesn't make sense to me that his vocal cords and throat remained immune from mutation. Hulk everything, except vocal cords. The same goes for She-Hulk.

But as far as She-Hulk as an overall show goes, I enjoyed it. My favorite part was hearing Hulk speak about how difficult and time consuming it was to learn how to control his Hulkness. The meditation techniques and such. I like that they explored and offered some detail on that process.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:58 AM, KingOfRulers said:

I watched the first episode last night. I liked it!

My issues with the Hulk as a character don't change. I hate that Mark Ruffalo's normal voice is used when he's the Hulk. It doesn't make sense to me that his vocal cords and throat remained immune from mutation. Hulk everything, except vocal cords. The same goes for She-Hulk.

But as far as She-Hulk as an overall show goes, I enjoyed it. My favorite part was hearing Hulk speak about how difficult and time consuming it was to learn how to control his Hulkness. The meditation techniques and such. I like that they explored and offered some detail on that process.

Agreed, i liked the exploration of dealing with being a Hulk.

I used to collect her comic during the John Byrne run, and I enjoyed her in FF.

I thought this was going to be much worse, but it actually wasn't all that bad. A lot of the criticisms are overblown.

She's a bit unlikable but seemed to fit into the learning and self growth. I'm going to give it a thumbs up. Not amazing, but (unlike Ms Marvel) I will likely watch this to the end.

Edited by Rip

Watched it this afternoon. It was cute...but my two objections were that "Smart Hulk" sounded not so smart and he was too massive...and the end. Why did they have to start the "f" word?  It would be nice to be able to watch these shows with younger children. Maybe a role model who doesn't use 4 letter words for a bit?  

I was also wondering who "Ced" (sp)..was.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

Watched it this afternoon. It was cute...but my two objections were that "Smart Hulk" sounded not so smart and he was too massive...and the end. Why did they have to start the "f" word?  It would be nice to be able to watch these shows with younger children. Maybe a role model who doesn't use 4 letter words for a bit?  

This.
I have to rely on critic (hopefully non-spoiler) reviews to see if it is appropriate / family friendly.
Think Disney / Marvel should think about how children between 5-10 love superheroes but feel they are missing out on some piece of the MCU story / puzzle.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

When Hulk pushed her off the cliff didn't she give him the finger as she fell?  It happened fast so I'm not sure, but I thought she did.

I'm no prude, it didn't really bother me, but for parents with younger kids, this isn't going to work.

Does Disney do a rating system for it's shows now? I'm really out of the loop on this stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing how creative they get with cameos.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:14 PM, gadzukes said:

When Hulk pushed her off the cliff didn't she give him the finger as she fell?  It happened fast so I'm not sure, but I thought she did.

I'm no prude, it didn't really bother me, but for parents with younger kids, this isn't going to work.

Does Disney do a rating system for it's shows now? I'm really out of the loop on this stuff.

Yes, she did...

Then again, we were just discussing in some other thread about how Disney traumatized millions of kids with classics like Bambi, Dumbo, Old Yeller, that awful thing with the snakes and Black Widow Spiders...etc.

So maybe it's their intent all along...

News Flash, Disney never really liked kids (or adults who need tissues with sad scenes.) :news:

On 8/21/2022 at 9:14 AM, gadzukes said:

Kids are so beyond being weirded out about middle fingers these days...yes, you are definitely out of the loop... by a good 40 years (after Goonies)

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/20/2022 at 4:32 AM, Norinn Radd said:

I watched the first episode last night.  Interesting enough to watch the next episode, but only mildly interesting so far.

IMDB has a rating of 5.7/10.  Sounds about right.

Down to 5.5 now less than 24 hours later. 

This thing is getting absolutely roasted by viewers, everywhere but , evidently, in this thread.  hm

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules