• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I think you are all are not focusing on the most important part of this trailer

FROG MAN!!

Screenshot_20220517-202530_YouTube.jpg

On 5/17/2022 at 8:31 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Around the 1:22 mark

That was a very tough screen grab. Split-second trailer appearance.

I'll give it a shot.

I think this will be a love it or hate it show - no middle ground

On 5/18/2022 at 2:19 AM, godzilla43 said:

Looks good but in this She-Hulk transforms back to Jennifer?!?

This was my problem with it. Seems like a production cost-cutting method.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:52 PM, TupennyConan said:

This was my problem with it. Seems like a production cost-cutting method.

Or the actress wanted more screen time. She-Hulk is probably just a cgi character. If She-Hulk really changes back to Jennifer it takes something away from the character. The thing with She-Hulk in my opinion is that she is balancing being a normal lawyer and a super hero. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:59 AM, godzilla43 said:

Or the actress wanted more screen time. She-Hulk is probably just a cgi character. If She-Hulk really changes back to Jennifer it takes something away from the character. The thing with She-Hulk in my opinion is that she is balancing being a normal lawyer and a super hero. 

Yep, she needs to be SH at all times. Stuck as SH. 

SH is a great character. I welcome the comedic tone without objection. There can be plenty of action within a comedy & the MCU succeeds when being funny. 

Professor Hulk is fine so long as we see other Hulks along the way & PH doesn't become the predominant Hulk.

Is this series set before Endgame? I don't see Hulk's arm injury. If set after, then it's about time he healed. :sumo:

On 5/18/2022 at 2:19 AM, godzilla43 said:

Looks good but in this She-Hulk transforms back to Jennifer?!?

Every comic I've ever seen her in she could transform back to human form so I'm not sure why you're asking.  I'm aware there are storylines where she can't control the transformation, but I thought from the start she could and that her loss of control over it is only a minority of her existence.

But maybe I'm wrong because I never read the original She-Hulk comic; most of the stories I've read with her were when she was with the Fantastic Four where I remember her as controlling the transformation.

One thing I'm surprised by is they went with the classic thin, lithe version of She-Hulk.  Whether or not she's ripped has been an integral part of her evolution in the comics. For decades she was thinner as we're seeing in the trailer, and it wasn't until the last decade or so they made her more ripped although certainly not to the extent Banner is. Which makes general sense since her gamma exposure was so much lower than Banner's.

Most people--both men and women, but particularly men who are still the primary audience for superheroes--just don't like looking at muscle definition on women because it makes them look masculine, but in this far more feminist age I'm surprised they didn't go for more ripped. Maybe she evolves to be more ripped as the series progresses.  (shrug)

My 6-year old daughter captures this exactly. When I got the action figure in the first pic below whose design is taken from one of the more modern storylines my daughter was 4 at the time, and she hated that She-Hulk because she said it looked like a boy.  lol  For most of the last year or two she would only play with the second one shown below that's far more similar to her classic look and how she looks in this show.

71GvzwcCTVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg    looselegendsshehulk__58442.1510859787.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four