• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, bentbryan said:

But seriously kids, if you get into bed with She-Hulk you can kiss your tally whacker good bye. Not that you’ll need it with crushed hips and a ruptured spleen/kidney/liver/etc. 

Hmm... click on this thread and this was the first post I saw so had to see the backstory :grin: 

Another point I forgot.  The MCU already has a green female character done with practical effects with Gamora.  They have done this before!!!! 

What am I saying, I think with each successive Avengers movie Hulk looked worse.  So this all makes sense now.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, drotto said:

Another point I forgot.  The MCU already has a green female character done with practical effects with Gamora.  They have done this before!!!! 

What am I saying, I think with each successive Avengers movie Hulk looked worse.  So this all makes sense now.

hulk_pecker.gif.4c3483d2ade61d80b8a3de44ec9e2dad.gif

On 5/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

FTNShK1WUAQ8WhR.thumb.jpeg.c6b74af73c1865031ac89f06e609d1a4.jpeg

You just 100% proved my point.  Look at the lighting and textures in the She Hulk version of Hulk, they are clearly not as good. The last looks like a computer game, not a movie or TV show. I mean look how great the Infinity War one looks.

You know what I love about this? This single show trailer has a lot of my social media spaces just destroying the MCU for most of the stuff that has happened since Endgame. Almost all of the chatter this week has been, "other than No Way Home (but mostly because of nostalgia), they've been throwing everything at the wall with some PC crud*". I'm loving that even the most hardcore of fanboys are becoming disillusioned.

*To clarify, the people who have been saying this have been adding that they're sacrificing storytelling just for nods and it's hurting the brand.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, drotto said:

The MCU already has a green female character done with practical effects with Gamora.  They have done this before!!!! 

Which Gamora shots were CGI?  Most were just Zoe Saldana in makeup, so I'm not sure how a character that maybe used occasional CGI compares to a fully-CGI character like Hulk or She-Hulk.

If the budget on this show is really $15 to $20 million per episode then they got bilked.  I would have to think they switched CGI companies or something.  Actually...who owns Industrial Lights and Magic now?  Is it still Lucas, or was that a part of what he sold to Disney?  I haven't wondered who Marvel uses for CGI for over a decade, but this trailer's sub-part CGI has me interested again.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, fantastic_four said:

Which Gamora shots were CGI?  Most were just Zoe Saldana in makeup, so I'm not sure how a character that maybe used occasional CGI compares to a fully-CGI character like Hulk or She-Hulk.

If the budget on this show is really $15 to $20 million per episode then they got bilked.  I would have to think they switched CGI companies or something.  Actually...who owns Industrial Lights and Magic now?  Is it still Lucas, or was that a part of what he sold to Disney?  I haven't wondered who Marvel uses for CGI for over a decade, but this trailer's sub-part CGI has me interested again.

That was exactly my point. Gamora was makeup and looked great.  They could have done makeup for She Hulk combined with some forced perspective and CGI for sizing, and it likely would have worked.

Yes, they are reporting around 15 million per episode. So at 135 million for the series, this is what they got.

Disney caught the feedback

Disney+ Improves She-Hulk CGI Quality of New Trailer (Photos)

while MCU fans are certainly excited about the story and comedy behind this new Disney+ series, one specific aspect has the public worried - its CGI work.

Those concerns first arose after the show's first full trailer debuted last week, providing new footage featuring Tatiana Maslany, Mark Ruffalo, and Tim Roth as She-Hulk's massive star trio. Even though it teased an exciting story featuring Jennifer Walter's adjustment to being a superhero and her encounters with some super weird Marvel characters, the visual effects work left much to be desired for some. 

She-Hulk CGI Improved in Trailer Re-Release

Marvel Studios released the first trailer for She-Hulk: Attorney at Law on the show's Disney+ page, but this time, it features improved video quality in comparison to the compressed 1080p version uploaded on YouTube. This showcases a noticeable difference in the CG work done on this series after fans voiced complaints about the trailer's CGI upon its debut.

she-hulk-trailer-1.thumb.jpg.b9b5290927d0068619c1b88c97951fa1.jpg

she-hulk-trailer-2.jpg.ec4a52cd27650d7ea4c8a1844ef71f0c.jpg

On 5/27/2022 at 8:58 AM, media_junkie said:

I know, maybe it's because I am getting old and my eyes are not what they once were, but I don't really see much of a difference.  Still looks like "Fiona" from Shrek to me.

All they did was add some texture to the skin, making her look older, not more realistic. Still looks like it belongs in an animated movie and not live-action.

You're spot-on. Looks like she belongs in a Shrek movie. lol

On 5/27/2022 at 7:58 AM, media_junkie said:

I know, maybe it's because I am getting old and my eyes are not what they once were, but I don't really see much of a difference.  Still looks like "Fiona" from Shrek to me.

Good. It wasn't just me.