• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 10:38 AM, Bosco685 said:

The CGI is still garbage.

It's still not funny.

More 'breaking the 4th wall' mess

This could be the worst of phase 4 right here.

Just looks horrible.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:12 PM, Beastfeast said:

CGC still looks busssssted but as far as content, looks as good as anything else that would be on. 

I really wish it was a straight law procedural with superhero cases like L.A. Law. 

Completely agree.  There's certainly room for the law stuff, which unfortunately I think will be played for laughs.  I hope they don't waste more than one episode on the "training" theme and that someone will wake up about the CGI on her face.  There are a thousand people posting on YouTube who could do it better.  She looks ridiculous and super fake.

Is everything MCU going to the ramp up the silly comedy now?  I loved it in Gradians. I liked it in Ragnarök. It is OK as a change of mood in many of the films, but now it feels like lets turn the stupid comedy meter to 11 all the time.

Current Marvel writing teams approach to all properties. Let's build up the tension for the big emotional moment, and then stick it a very awkward joke that does not really fit to break the tension.  Sounds great, but didn't we just do that in the last big emotional moment? Yes, but that it what we do, we are the MCU.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:12 PM, Beastfeast said:

I really wish it was a straight law procedural with superhero cases like L.A. Law. 

Exactly.

An example of this done right? Jessica Jones.

She was a troubled, alcoholic private investigator - who just *happened* to have the strength of She-Hulk.

Part of the genius of the show - particularly Season 1 - was that it played it straight.

How quickly people have forgotten that the 4th wall breaking is canon.  
See: both of John Byrne's epic runs on her solo series.  
Her use of it pre-dates Deadpool's transformation to a 4th-wall breaker.    

For those complaining about too much humor in the MCU, have you seen the new Black Panther trailer?  You also will have Echo.  
As for the CGI...yeah, it's still pretty bad.  The CGI team especially can't seem to perfect the mouth.  That part still looks cartoony to me.  And the hair that doesn't seem to move much.