• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MADAME WEB Spidey spin-off (TBD)
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2024 at 3:23 PM, MAR1979 said:

Per THR, Madame Web has kicked off with one of the worst ever opening weekends for a new film based on Marvel Comics characters. Ahead of the release, it was looking clear that the film was in trouble, as advance ticket sales were not very strong. Reportedly, an insider for an unnamed major theatrical chain spoke about how many of the advance ticket sales could actually be seen dwindling in real time as film goers were requesting refunds as late as Wednesday, the midweek opening day for Madame Web.

:roflmao:

You can get a refund on a movie ticket?!? I kind of figured that was a gamble, like buying fresh fruit or donating to Salvation Army Santa Claus.

Saw it tonight in a completely empty theater.  Like I had the whole theater to myself.  It wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be.  I actually enjoyed it but had my expectations low. However I don't think the direction setting up for

Spoiler

spider-women

had legs. 

Edited by justafan

On 2/22/2024 at 8:04 AM, Axelrod said:

I'm sure everyone has eagerly been waiting for my reaction to this movie.  Here it is:

I fell asleep during the final climactic fight sequence.

Same. I also fell asleep when Madam Web left the 3 girls in the forest. Boring movie

I just made my first edit on Wikipedia in over ten years.

Scroll down to the plot and you will see exactly which Tribal Chief they are referring to.  I just think I made the movie more interesting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Web_(film)

Screenshot2024-02-22at7_28_32PM.thumb.png.e632237f65b49f321c9de4e940b8c62e.png

1920px-Roman_Reigns_Tribute_to_the_Troops_2016.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/22/2024 at 9:14 PM, szav said:

I'll catch it when they do the Rifftrax.

" Kevin Maher of The Times also gave it 1/5 stars, writing: "In its sheer mind-boggling awfulness, it represents the death of the superhero genre, the burning of the superhero genre to the ground and then the returning in the middle of the night to ____ on the superhero genre's ashes."

Madame Web has become Disco Demolition Night of the superhero genre. 

On 2/20/2024 at 8:39 AM, kimik said:

Dune 2 first, then Deadpool 3.

Yup. There is, potentially anyway, some quality on the horizon this year, for a change.

Two nicely-contrasting choices there, tonally speaking.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/22/2024 at 3:04 PM, Axelrod said:

I fell asleep during the final climactic fight sequence.

From what's been said so far, that shows an admirable degree of resilience to make it through to that point. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:14 AM, szav said:

I'll catch it when they do the Rifftrax.

" Kevin Maher of The Times also gave it 1/5 stars, writing: "In its sheer mind-boggling awfulness, it represents the death of the superhero genre, the burning of the superhero genre to the ground and then the returning in the middle of the night to ____ on the superhero genre's ashes."

hm

He didn't like it, then?

It's unclear.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I just watched Jessica Jones Season 1.  Great series, and noticed that the film's director also did its first episode.

Not bad at all, but quite different to doing a big budget, CGI-heavy super-hero film, and an unsuccessful transition, in this case.

On 2/23/2024 at 5:32 AM, szav said:

It clearly succeeded in provoking a strong emotional response I'd say.  That's good right?

I concur.

Palpable hatred.

Better not to repress and internalise.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/23/2024 at 12:11 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I just watched Jessica Jones Season 1.  Great series, and noticed that the film's director also did its first episode.

Not bad at all, but quite different to doing a big budget, CGI-heavy super-hero film, and an unsuccessful transition, in this case.

The first two episodes and also two episodes of The Defenders series.

Screenshot_20240223-0433042.png.34d820a4e12eeb7abcd51d9722557dd4.png

On 2/23/2024 at 9:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

The first two episodes and also two episodes of The Defenders series.

Screenshot_20240223-0433042.png.34d820a4e12eeb7abcd51d9722557dd4.png

I tend to watch the introductory titles once and then skip on later episodes.

2c still think they would've had a better shot if Madame Web was an actual madame and the three damsels in distress were ladies of the evening

:roflmao:the Spider-Man clairvoyant is showing a -67% second frame drop (which is bad though not as atrocious as Marvels -78% second weekend freefall) with $5M in 4th place at 4,013 theaters. She’ll stand at $34.4M by Sunday.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

Amazon put its best marketing team on this email. With no bells or whistles to get you ramped up for a purchase.

image.png.0474391873dc4a1bc59ad09fa224bfb5.png

Hopefully it'll be available to watch on basic price Prime, and preceded by a few even more captivating advertisements.

Edited by Ken Aldred