• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MADAME WEB Spidey spin-off (TBD)
4 4

367 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 3:41 PM, fantastic_four said:

Even hardcore Spidey fans are mostly like "Madame who?"

In 30 years of reading Spider-Man comics I can say that I have never read a "memorable" Madame Web story. She never really felt like a "character". She was a vague plot device. Pure deus-ex-machina. When the writers messed up real bad and needed Parker to get a bunch of exposition, they threw Madame Web into the story to read the note from editorial. But by doing that, they also destroyed any sense of real stakes in the story.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:51 PM, Sam T said:

In 30 years of reading Spider-Man comics I can say that I have never read a "memorable" Madame Web story. She never really felt like a "character". She was a vague plot device. Pure deus-ex-machina. When the writers messed up real bad and needed Parker to get a bunch of exposition, they threw Madame Web into the story to read the note from editorial. But by doing that, they also destroyed any sense of real stakes in the story.

Exactly, the only thing I remember Madam Web from was the 2 part storyline in Amazing Spider-man (back in the 80s) where Spider-man fights the Juggernaut.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:51 PM, Sam T said:

Funny enough, while not a huge spidey reader, Madame Web is very memorable to me but not in a good way. As a kid, I liked spider-man and could follow his stories as they were usually grounded. I enjoyed watching the animated show in the 90s. But Madame Web would show up at times and throw all that grounded feel out the window, there would always be some kind of crazy angle. I really hated her showing up. 

There's even a meme clip about spidey making a "savage" joke to a girl by showing a young girl his face only to then reveal that it's because she's terminally ill. But that clip cuts. And the reason it cuts is because right in the middle of that there is a madame web scene that comes out of freaken nowhere.

Just to say, I was never a fan of madame web, because of how she clashed with what I wanted to watch as a kid. But that also means i never forgot her.

Also, I don't get why people are so thirsty for Sydney Sweeney. I mean I can see that she has nice knockers when she wears certain clothes, but if that's all one cares about there's a whole bunch of videos and photos online of ladies which are as lovely or have even bigger knockers. 

On 2/13/2024 at 2:30 PM, William-James88 said:

Also, I don't get why people are so thirsty for Sydney Sweeney. I mean I can see that she has nice knockers when she wears certain clothes, but if that's all one cares about there's a whole bunch of videos and photos online of ladies which are as lovely or have even bigger knockers. 

:golfclap:

On 2/13/2024 at 4:06 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Purely for research purposes, where would one find these online photos and videos of which you speak?

During the Superbowl.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:45 PM, media_junkie said:

The Jermey Jahns guy on youtube was brutal on this film.

It sounds like the thing that excited him the most was providing his business sponsor details. :nyah:

Wow. He can be iffy at times with his comic book reviews. But not this negative about a film. :eek:

To all who spent $500, $600, $700, $800, $900, $1000-$1500 or more on ASM 210, to quote The Joker HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Prepare to get big-time hosed! :roflmao:
image.thumb.png.2c6e32d539c606769d95b1df532cdb42.png

I predict a plummeting to under $500 for the newsstand and under $300 for direct sale before year end and then another 10-20% off of that next year.

P.S. Ain't saying I told you so, after you were scoffed at, one of life's simple pleasures

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/13/2024 at 5:29 PM, MAR1979 said:

To all who spent $500, $600, $700, $800, $900, $1000-$1500 or more on ASM 210, to quote The Joker HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Prepare to get big-time hosed! :roflmao:
image.thumb.png.2c6e32d539c606769d95b1df532cdb42.png

I predict a plummeting to under $500 for the newsstand and under $300 for direct sale before year end and then another 10-20% off of that next year.

P.S. Ain't saying I told you so, after you were scoffed at, one of life's simple pleasures

What were they going for slabbed before we knew this movie was coming?

On 2/13/2024 at 3:06 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Purely for research purposes, where would one find these online photos and videos of which you speak?

Euforia on Max