• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MADAME WEB Spidey spin-off (TBD)
4 4

365 posts in this topic

That looks like every other movie about "I can see the future so I'll change it"

Source Code was the best example of this type of movie so why people thought another film of the same genre would appeal is beyond me.

I have pieces of 2x4 out in the garage that could deliver those lines with more emotion than Dakota Johnson.  "I can see the future" is a ridiculous premise, not even fit for a comic book movie.  While these are not characters with which I'm familiar, I also have high hopes for a turn-around in these offerings, and this sure doesn't look like one.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:13 PM, Eclipse said:

I thought it looked decent. Plus it had Sydney Sweeney, and i love her. <3

On 11/15/2023 at 5:45 PM, Gator Guru said:

I agree it looks decent and there is just something about Sydney Sweeney. Im actually cautiously optimistic about this one.

So far I will be there at the theater.

:popcorn:

• A Spidey-related story in New York City
  • A bunch of webheads swinging around versus some character that never even hints to a stronger link to the Spider-Verse
  • A villain that is an evil Spider-Man tearing the place up

I'm kind of feeling like these folks right now

Yup - this looks like another Sony Spidey-adjacent flick.

I mean - looks better than Morbius, but I was more excited to see New Mutants than I am this.

Although I also have zero exposure to Madame Web.

May have mentioned it before but my only exposure to her was in the 1984 text-based Incredible Hulk Questprobe video game. I'm pretty certain I've never read an actual comic in which she appeared...

On 11/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Another flop!

More like a CW fan film cringe.  This movie looks like a 2005 Fox FF movie.

I mean how can anyone at that studio think this looks good.

Maybe an early 2024 IRS right off for Sony? hm

You cannot blame Disney / Marvel for this.

• Venom was somewhat tolerable from what I saw.  
  • Morbius was unnecessarily bad.
  • Kraven looks like Sony wanted the rights to the Punisher but couldn't use the character. 
  • Madame Webb?  Madame Webb looks bad.   Really bad.  I actually said the same thing.  This looks like a CW series. 

However... 

The villain of Ezekiel looks interesting and it is a shame that he is being wasted like this.  The costume is hokey but his civilian persona works for me. 

I really do not think that Sony knows what to do with Spider-man's B level cast.  I know that they would love to create a Spider-verse but it's really not working.  These characters are Spder-man antagonists or supporting characters to the supporting characters and not interesting enough to carry films on their own. 

And yes, that includes Venom.

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/15/2023 at 7:03 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I don't understand why this movie was made. A black cat movie would be better than this. This will do worse than the Marvels.

because Sony is trying to ride the gravy train (which they did w/ Venom) but haven't realized (even after Morbius) that the train has flown the tracks