• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MADAME WEB Spidey spin-off (TBD)
4 4

365 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2023 at 8:09 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

This movie has got to be a money laundering scheme.  Seriously who's going to see this?

Not that much longer until we find out.

Here's an idea. Don't post about movies and tv shows you haven't seen yet, and don't post about movies and tv shows you aren't going to watch. Way too many posters on this site just can't wait to post negative opinions about female led shows and movies. It's like clockwork.

Edited by Hawkman

On 1/19/2024 at 1:57 AM, Hawkman said:

Here's an idea. Don't post about movies and tv shows you haven't seen yet, and don't post about movies and tv shows you aren't going to watch. Way too many posters on this site just can't wait to post negative opinions about female led shows and movies. It's like clockwork.

Yes that's why it's getting negative press and I know no one who's excited for this, because of the women characters...........

Edited by thegiftedone45

On 1/19/2024 at 7:56 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

Yes that's why it's getting negative press and I know no one who's excited for this, because of the women characters...........

The bummer is you hear all these complaints about no Spider-Man clear presence in modern Spider-Verse live movies and then when you see it heavily hinted at in these early promotionals and trailers then it is complaints about who wants this anyway. No offense meant towards you.

Hopefully this turns out to be a better surprise than many are assuming it won't be before the film even releases.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:14 PM, Hawkman said:

Have you at least seen Madame Web yet? Or just posting to take shots at a female led movie?

yeah, that's it- not the fact that every Sony non-animated Spider-verse movie since S-M2 has been atrocious. These stillbirths are an embarrassment to the hobby. At least the non-zombie faction of the movie going populace seems to be catching on.

image.png.739d4fde4b621df50961f6839f3abae5.png

Edited by paperheart

On 1/19/2024 at 12:57 AM, Hawkman said:

Way too many posters on this site just can't wait to post negative opinions about female led shows and movies. It's like clockwork.

You are in luck people here also hate everything else too... EVERYTHING!

For me, I was not super impressed with the previews and felt they gave the feel of a B level streaming movie. Outside of internet weirdo's on both sides, I have not heard anyone talk about this movie that wasn't getting some type of compensation.

I think the biggest problem with these Sony live films is there doesn't appear to be some common direction where this is all going. Even if they don't have to be forced-connected films. You get reactions like this.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It's giving Generation X (1996).

Generation X.webp

You're welcome!