• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Thought I'd revive this thread with this book I received back from CGC a few weeks ago.  The back cover is a pretty darn effective piece of advertising.  The copy is directed at adults, but perhaps it ran at the same time in regular magazines.

2017-10-06-0001_zpsdx1aiud3.jpg2017-10-06-0001_zpsp6cohdl1.jpg

WOW it sure is T thanks for sharing beautiful book btw!!

and hey since we are in this thread if anyone needs to check off Mystic Comics #7 CConnect has a copy or 4 coming up in their auction!! :whatthe: Dibs on the 1.8!! 

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=mystic+comics+&issue=7

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

WOW it sure is T thanks for sharing beautiful book btw!!

and hey since we are in this thread if anyone needs to check off Mystic Comics #7 CConnect has a copy or 4 coming up in their auction!! :whatthe: Dibs on the 1.8!! 

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=mystic+comics+&issue=7

That's really odd.  All four books ending at the same time.  Not sure I'd be crazy about that if I were one of the consignors (assuming they're not all from the same source). 

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

That's really odd.  All four books ending at the same time.  Not sure I'd be crazy about that if I were one of the consignors (assuming they're not all from the same source). 

I doubt that is what will happen. They sometimes upload books into filler slots and then distribute them across upcoming auctions as they finalise the schedule. 

26 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

I doubt that is what will happen. They sometimes upload books into filler slots and then distribute them across upcoming auctions as they finalise the schedule. 

That would certainly make more sense, although even then, from the consignors' point of view, it's probably better not to alert potential bidders to what might be coming.  But I'm a bidder, so it's all good! :)

20 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That would certainly make more sense, although even then, from the consignors' point of view, it's probably better not to alert potential bidders to what might be coming.  But I'm a bidder, so it's all good! :)

That is a good point. I hadn't considered that. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Bought raw on the boards a while back.

2017-10-06-0001_zpsdgo8jg7b.jpg

I like the title logo there Sqeggs. The 'comics' word looks almost unfinished, like they forgot to colour it in. 

On 10/10/2017 at 2:35 AM, Sqeggs said:

Thought I'd revive this thread with this book I received back from CGC a few weeks ago.  The back cover is a pretty darn effective piece of advertising.  The copy is directed at adults, but perhaps it ran at the same time in regular magazines.

2017-10-06-0001_zpsp6cohdl1.jpg

Wow. That's... full on.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:35 AM, Sqeggs said:

2017-10-06-0001_zpsp6cohdl1.jpg

This is some pretty poignant writing.  My dad was a POW taken in the Battle of the Bulge, so I’m all in on these WWII covers.  He’s 95, and only just now beginning to talk about it . . .  He recently went back and found the brick factory where he was forced into labor. It had been abandoned and most signs of it had been overrun by forest. The nearby villagers were of no help in his search, as they all denied playing host to a POW camp 70+ years ago.

So now with my addiction to war covers, it’s more me the prisoner. My dad would laugh at the absurdity.

I am interested in the motivations of others who similarly collect these covers.  I’m glad you’re out there, whatever your reasons.

Edited by fleepunyhumans
Accuracy

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Purchased raw from a boardie.  Surprisingly enough (to me), it's the third highest graded. 

2017-12-31-0001_zpsmonlvgkl.JPG

Nice.  Only 5 copies on the census, but I never got the impression that it was that tough.