• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,038 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 5:03 PM, George Brent said:

I confess ignorance Re:worth of Spawn's with stickers.   Quite some time ago I got a bunch of Spawn newsstands in the #130's (#137 is the last with a newsstand barcode printed on the cover) and the #138 had a barcode sticker on it, but I thought nothing of it.    Does anyone have more details on Spawn issues of that era with stickers?     Thanks

If you haven’t checked the Image Newsstand thread it may be in there. 

On 2/12/2023 at 1:18 PM, Bart Allen said:

Latest comic and the most expensive purchase I've made thus far lol

Picture 1 of 2Picture 2 of 2

I'm still impressed by the 90s. Cartoon or not, there was a time of Saturday mornings that I wish I could enjoy again :)

On 2/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, George Brent said:

I confess ignorance Re:worth of Spawn's with stickers.   Quite some time ago I got a bunch of Spawn newsstands in the #130's (#137 is the last with a newsstand barcode printed on the cover) and the #138 had a barcode sticker on it, but I thought nothing of it.    Does anyone have more details on Spawn issues of that era with stickers?     Thanks

Any Spawn 138 with a sticker would have been added (aftermarket) by the retailer.

https://spawnworld.com/features/The Definitive Guide to Spawn Newsstand Editions 20221208.pdf

Edited by Lobstrosity

On 2/11/2023 at 2:06 PM, Corona smith said:

Or someone may have copies of those books and your search is complete. I think we’d all like to see you finish the run. It’s pretty damn impressive. 

That thought has also occurred to me…very well, then! The last two issues that I need are #534.1 (the “point one” issue) and Annual “#1” (from 2006).

So technically I have all of the “normally” numbered issues from 122-544 in hand already, but I won’t feel like the run is complete until I have the annuals & oddballs as well. Needless to say, if anyone has copies of either of those that they’re willing to part with then please send me a DM…willing to pay cash, but I also have 3 long boxes filled with various modern newsstands if you’re interested in trading.

On 2/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, Ant-Man said:

5A969E74-1BA7-4297-82C0-3128F950F3BC.thumb.jpeg.685ed920c5135984fd9532a57d22ded4.jpegAs long as we’re talking stickers, the Wonder Woman Walmart is interesting. I’ve seen plenty of copies w/o a sticker, not sure if/why a Walmart would be compelled to add one.

A hair dryer to heat up the sticker. Then carefully remove the sticker. Maybe some fresh absorbene to remove any residue that might be left (carefully).

On 1/29/2023 at 12:57 PM, andyborehol said:

I’m fairly certain that every direct copy of Spider-Man #16 has the Curtis stamp. The most likely explanation is just that someone goofed up while they were setting up the direct editions for printing and the mistake wasn’t seen as enough of a problem to warrant the cost of pulping and re-printing them. I have definitely seen multiple other examples where the Curtis stamp was printed on the direct edition, but this is the only one that I could remember off-hand:

34E6FFCF-67F4-4AB6-A2F8-818EBFDC68BD.thumb.jpeg.41e25d100f16b7645ffbc9c4588d4268.jpeg

I'm not certain, but maybe the one with the UK price and not the CC was leftover print for distribution overseas in the UK and was distributed in the US. Or not....

On 2/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, jnicholas1976 said:

I feel the same way about Teen Titans Go!, volume 1. I haven't seen a census for the newsies there either.

That might take time, as they only now started marking those, "notations". ONLY certain ones before, so take it or leave it. Pushing forward is different than pumping and dumping, so there in lies the work a do.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM