• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Got the last piece I needed today (#610), so I now finally have a full Hush (Batman 608-619) newsstand run! I was trying to do as much of it as possible on the cheap through buying runs and lots or finding them in the wild. I think I probably have nearly four full Hush runs at this point from buying books in lots and small collections that way. If I averaged it out across all I've spent to get these and the other Hush issues (mostly non-newsstand, but a few newsstand doubles), I'm sitting at an average cost per book around $9. Not too shabby!

IMG_8328.thumb.JPG.99e9d3cd95ae44284653ef73ab4e647b.JPG

^^

I was going to try to do that for the registry, that and the #600's from ASM. It got convoluted and I didn't have the patience to keep after it 😂 

Good On You!

On 2/20/2023 at 10:40 AM, ThothAmon said:

Do any of you Mr. Wizards feel it’s worth getting most modern newsstands graded? Assuming potential NM+ grades of course. 

24BCB9F4-6D9E-4A14-BB1B-9AEFB347E584.jpeg

I do if it is a run I have fond memories for. I've been trying to put together Hickman's run on Fantastic Four (even though I'm almost positive #600 doesn't exist in newsstand). I know they're not the most collectible issues, but I like preserving them. 

On 4/19/2023 at 2:58 AM, Dalehamblin said:

My favourite modern book I own anyway,

recently had it graded maybe I should of had it pressed.

96CE223D-3918-47D7-AA02-EAB0234F6D4A.jpeg

While this is not a "newsstand", which is the title for this thread, still a great copy! :x