• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, Lazyboy said:

Because you have demonstrated that you aren't.

No, you clearly don't.

And now you're a troll. Congratulations!

You know little and don't even bother to make the effort to learn about things before posting about them, as you just admitted:

Just let go. He told you he disagrees with you. There is no need to insult his intelligence. He clearly told you he disagrees with your
viewpoint there is no need to insult him over it.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:24 PM, George Brent said:

Found some time to sort through some of the stuff I got in the past few months, here are some 2000s and 2010s ASM's (can never have too many copies or multiples of those) :

ASM_1.JPG

ASM_2.JPG

ASM_3.JPG

On 1/8/2022 at 11:27 PM, George Brent said:

And some Wolverine Origins:

WOrigins_1.JPG

WOrigins_2.JPG

WOrigins_3.png

:whatthe: that is just :whee: I've often found newsstands and not picked them up. They were still there when I went back, so the demand at that location is not very high. I say that because, I've in turn bought "bigger" books, to leave the newssies as a rainy day pick up. 

But I've been dismissive and lazy it would seem, those pics of "lots of newssies" are definitely attractive!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, paqart said:

That's like saying "Money in banks proves there is no poverty" or "Athletes at the Olympics prove that everyone can run a three minute mile".

Cute, but certainly not the same - more whiff than sniff. lol

On 1/9/2022 at 9:07 PM, divad said:

Cute, but certainly not the same - more whiff than sniff. lol

It is exactly the same. Banks concentrate currency within them by draining it from other locations into their control. Professional athletic events concentrate athletic skill by drawing it towards them, thus simultaneously increasing the number of highly skilled and gifted athletes at those events while removing that same athletic skill from everywhere else. This thread attracts the interest of those who have an interest in newsstands and who likely have more newsstands than collectors who are unaware of their rarity. By bringing those people here, the concentration of newsstands in their possession is more evident than outside the group at the same time as those same newsstands are unavailable elsewhere. 

This is always the case when you have a finite supply and a strong localized demand. If you are within the orbit of that demand, the supply appears to be plentiful. Outside the demand zone, you will find a comparatively sparse supply. 

At the moment, we know the supply is not plentiful because the people in this group have been unable to find all of the newsstands they are looking for, while easily finding direct editions of the same comics. If demand increases beyond the collectors who currently have an interest in newsstands, the supply will become more sparse than it is now.

Your laughing emoticon may be the only entity that found your rhyming mockery amusing. When you are compelled by a vacuum of similar sentiments to provide a laugh track, you are better off thinking up a better joke.