• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

Just watching Marvel Studios: Assembled, series 2 has landed.  Episode 1 is Quantumania.

It's actually one of longer episodes, and a great look at the making of the movie.  On the face of it, it's great, Peyton followed the comics with dedication.   

The Modoc thing, the VFX guys kinda dropped the ball on the final execution IMHO, plus some over acting by Corey Stoll.   But your doing readings with 60 dots on your face as your reference to the rest of the movie, thats a tough gig.  

The rest of movie conceptually lined up with clean intentions towards the comics, and the MCU exceedingly well..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27798047/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Edited by Microchip

On 10/15/2023 at 8:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've watched it again a little while ago, and came away with a much better opinion of the movie.   It was a really good Ant-man movie.

Was it what I was expecting the first time, no not at all.   But once all of my expectations, and anticipation around this being an MCU event movie had evaporated, I actually enjoyed for what it was, and the characters, and design features throughout.

My advice to the nay sayers.  Let go, and enjoy the ride.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:49 PM, Microchip said:

I've watched it again a little while ago, and came away with a much better opinion of the movie.   It was a really good Ant-man movie.

Was it what I was expecting the first time, no not at all.   But once all of my expectations, and anticipation around this being an MCU event movie had evaporated, I actually enjoyed for what it was, and the characters, and design features throughout.

My advice to the nay sayers.  Let go, and enjoy the ride.

like many of their franchises it is a steady downward trend in my opinion. The first Ant-Man is the best, then the second, then the recent film.

Jonathan Majors will face a trial on domestic abuse charges after a New York judge denied the motion to dismiss the case. The trial date is set to begin on Nov. 29.

Majors appeared on Wednesday morning in a lower Manhattan courtroom via Zoom because he’s out of state.

During the hearing, his defense attorneys filed a motion to request that “contested evidence” remain under seal and barred from public view due to the”high profile” nature of the case and allegations against Majors. Defense attorney Seth Zuckerman told Judge Michael Gaffey that he believes “the disclosure of sensitive information will limit Mr. Majors’ right to a fair trial.” The judge did not yet rule on the motion and told reporters in the room they could submit papers to oppose it by Nov. 6.

Following Wednesday’s decision, a spokesperson for the Manhattan District Attorney’s office issued a statement saying, “We look forward to presenting our case at trial.”

In the wake of the allegations, Majors has been cut from feature film projects and dropped by his PR team at the Lede Company, as well as his management, Entertainment 360. WME still represents the actor. He stars in the upcoming drama “Magazine Dreams,” which is still slated for release in December. He also has a major role, as the villainous Kang the Conqueror, in the current phase of Disney’s sprawling Marvel Cinematic Universe.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:29 AM, Microchip said:

Should have been in the Loki thread.   The video and the tv series give him the same amount of screen time :popcorn:

I am honestly ok with that as I am done with Kang as they have portrayed him. It was a terrible decision to have the Quantumania Kang defeated by ants in this film and who cares that there are hundreds of versions of him because it just becomes this: 

Smiths.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 8:17 AM, Artboy99 said:

I am honestly ok with that as I am done with Kang as they have portrayed him. It was a terrible decision to have the Quantumania Kang defeated by ants in this film and who cares that there are hundreds of versions of him because it just becomes this: 

Smiths.jpg

Third movie was mediocre but the scene was really cool.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:24 AM, piper said:

Third movie was mediocre but the scene was really cool.

I enjoyed the Matrix scene, but I just *know* Marvel/Disney is going to do a similar scene with the new Avengers line up where they would fight hundreds of Kangs. That cost saving/budget Avengers line up of FalconCap, RiRi Williams Ironheart, Shang-Chi, Cassie "Antman", Shuri Black Panther, Yelena Belova Black Widow and Kate Bishop Hawkeye. meh

And throw in that Spider-Man draw

Edited by Artboy99

On 10/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, Artboy99 said:

I enjoyed the Matrix scene, but I just *know* Marvel/Disney is going to do a similar scene with the new Avengers line up where they would fight hundreds of Kangs. That cost saving/budget Avengers line up of FalconCap, RiRi Williams Ironheart, Shang-Chi, Cassie "Antman", Shuri Black Panther, Yelena Belova Black Widow and Kate Bishop Hawkeye. meh

And throw in that Spider-Man draw

Out of all those new Avengers I have only seen FalconCap and Cassie Antman.  Can't wait for the hype up speech by Falccap "Avengers!......Do Better!"

On 11/2/2023 at 6:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Isn't that old news, that he was cleared of? 

This third-party judiciary via social media is getting tiring.   We're meant to take the assertion of aggressive behaviour at face value, without any details at all, or right or reply from the accused?    Give me a break!

This :censored: is way too old.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, Microchip said:

Isn't that old news, that he was cleared of? 

This third-party judiciary via social media is getting tiring.   We're meant to take the assertion of aggressive behaviour at face value, without any details at all, or right or reply from the accused?    Give me a break!

This :censored: is way too old.

Not really.

The agency said it dropped him in the old news. Not why.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, Microchip said:

So they dropped him on hearsay?

You misread that part. It was not about the girlfriend story. It was his conduct toward agency employees.

But then Majors was dropped in quick succession by his publicists and managers. (He remains a client at WME — the agency where he landed after CAA parted ways with him, pre-arrest, for his “brutal conduct” toward staff, says one source. CAA declined to comment.)