• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, Microchip said:

Isn't that old news, that he was cleared of? 

This third-party judiciary via social media is getting tiring.   We're meant to take the assertion of aggressive behaviour at face value, without any details at all, or right or reply from the accused?    Give me a break!

This :censored: is way too old.

No, more information is now surfacing.  Th CAA stuff is new from the bombshell article Variety dropped this week.  There are also new allegations surfacing of him abusing his girlfriend in the UK while filming Loki season 2, and other people that have come forward, but just now being publicly released. These reports are the reason the judge refused to dismiss the case, despite the fact that some of the initial tapes and police reports seemed to clear him. They have been kept under fairly close wraps.  In addition, the same article heavily implied the MCU is trying to move away from Kang for two reasons, Majors legal and PR problems, and the character is not resonating with fans. Rightly or wrongly this is a big problem for the MCU now. The biggest rumor is they may try to pivot to Dr Doom. 

Him getting dropped by his agency is old news, but the reason they dropped him is new and they didn't disclose it at the time.

And the charges against him were not all cleared.  The prosecutors dropped some of the charges they were investigating after the video and woman's testimony came out, but not all of them.

Jonathan Majors was sentenced to a 52-week in-person domestic violence intervention program after being convicted of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment in December. 

The charges, which are a misdemeanor and a violation, carried a sentence of up to one year in prison. Prosecutors asked for a sentence of domestic violence programming, with a six-month jail alternative if Majors failed to complete programming, as well as a full order of protection for Jabbari.

The 52-week sentencing is due to take place in person in Los Angeles and the full order of protection was granted. The charge of harassment was dismissed on a conditional discharge.

The actor has already faced consequences outside of the courtroom: Marvel Studios dropped the actor as Kang the Conqueror from its upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe films shortly after the initial verdict was read. After the arrest, Majors was dropped by his PR firm The Lede Company and his managers at Entertainment 360. 

Majors also faces a civil suit filed by Jabbari, in which she brings claims of assault and battery, with allegations of physical violence that date back to 2022, as well as defamation related to his statements in the press after the trial.

The headline is much worse than the reality. It is a year-long program that meets once a week for two hours.  The initial reports make it sound like he was sentenced to 52 weeks in jail. An accurate headline could read he was sentenced to 100 hours of classroom instructions.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The good news is the next woman he beats up can expect him to be severely punished with a month or two in jail.

Based on the history that came out during the trial the shame is this will most probably become a reality.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:02 AM, MattTheDuck said:

The good news is the next woman he beats up can expect him to be severely punished with a month or two in jail.

If he's smart, he'll get drafted by an NFL team and he'll never have to worry about punishment again.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, Dr. Balls said:

If he's smart, he'll get drafted by an NFL team and he'll never have to worry about punishment again.

Have I told you about my NFL Felons Autographed Card Collection?

Abuse, murder, hired assassination, obstruction of justice, felony drug dealing, assault... it's all there. 

I call it the Legal Troubles Collection and yes, I have a PSA autographed OJ card to headline this.   I have only shown off 6-7 cards I believe, but the collection is up to around 15 cards at this point. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/10/2024 at 4:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

Abuse, murder, hired assassination, obstruction of justice, felony drug dealing, assault... it's all there. 

I call it the Legal Troubles Collection and yes, I have a PSA autographed OJ card to headline this.   I have only shown off 6-7 cards I believe, but the collection is up to around 15 cards at this point. 

True Crime Football Cards! Nice! I'm guessing you also have an Aaron Hernandez card in there, too? Hopefully OJ doesn't pay you a visit to get back his memorabilia. lol

On 4/10/2024 at 9:43 AM, Dr. Balls said:

True Crime Football Cards! Nice! I'm guessing you also have an Aaron Hernandez card in there, too? Hopefully OJ doesn't pay you a visit to get back his memorabilia. lol

image.png.e331392e337de2b200d828c53159ffd5.pngimage.png.3da3ed2259e8f8a942889b3b5c4133a9.png 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

I call it the Legal Troubles Collection and yes, I have a PSA autographed OJ card to headline this. 

Your collection value just took a jump this morning. lol

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 6:53 AM, media_junkie said:

"Antman and the Wasp: Quantiumania" Set to blow its budget....... -- Forbes

image.png.f85c125f4a7c35d1b107a6a234cd2d8e.png

image.png.b2deb3e1527836d1cfdb7f8fd73059d2.png

Might be time to update your chart @Bosco685, cause I am sure this is going to really screw up the numbers for that movie.

Not to worry.

Someone on here will proclaim none of that is factual - that local tax breaks were $500M to counter any production and marketing expenses - and that it is only other studios that spend more. Not Disney.

This is more than once Disney has been caught at manipulating the production budget news working through industry reporting sites. Remember GotG Vol. 1's news ($232.3M instead of $170M).

Edited by Bosco685

It's just another one for the "what were they thinking" file.  How do you spend so much on something so underwhelming?  How is it even possible?  You can make Godzilla Minus One for 10 million.  Did they really not see?  

Or is it all just what William Goldman said "Nobody knows anything."  

On 4/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not to worry.

Someone on here will proclaim none of that is factual - that local tax breaks were $500M to counter any production and marketing expenses - and that it is only other studios that spend more. Not Disney.

This is more than once Disney has been caught at manipulating the production budget news working through industry reporting sites. Remember GotG Vol. 1's news ($232.3M instead of $170M).

Not comparable.

Because reported movie budgets are money the production *actually spent* (i.e., net of tax incentives).

The reason your insistence in reporting GotG Vol. 1's budget at $232.3M is wrong (and why literally every site other than that single Forbes article continues to report the budget of $170M) - is the studio only had to lay out $170M.

So it throws your entire chart off - because you don't add back in the tax breaks given to every other superhero movie production of the last 20+ years as well.

Again, movie budgets are reported *net of tax breaks* because they reflect money actually spent that needs to be recouped.

Edited by Gatsby77