• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman in the Copper Age
4 4

140 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

So I got this guy today. Just need to wait for it to arrive.

IMG_1136.jpeg

Congratulations!

I foolishly passed on a raw (maybe a 9.4/9.6) at my LCS about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought $30 was a little steep. If I only knew then what I know now. 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:14 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I have got to get my hands on Batman #393-94! Paul Gulacy makes a nice spread. 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

The art in these are amazing 

IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0454.jpeg

Turns out I have Batman #393, totally forgot about it. :facepalm:

FC76C0A3-A502-4DBA-852C-3720ABE6E4B7.thumb.jpeg.fa9e1a3a3fed1c7c85e29e826decdc0e.jpeg

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

On 8/11/2023 at 8:25 AM, oldbsturgeon said:

phase 2 is now complete: with 428 purchased, I have 404-713 done. I started this mid April so it has happened fairly fast.

The next part will be getting the missing books from 300-399, which is currently sitting at 73 books to do that.

My plan was to have that done by the end of the year, though it may be longer than that.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

a little geezing here.... I remember the excitement in my LCS when this series came out originally.   So I was super happy to see the alternate ending recently published.  It was fun to read.

On 3/3/2024 at 6:29 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

a little geezing here.... I remember the excitement in my LCS when this series came out originally.   So I was super happy to see the alternate ending recently published.  It was fun to read.

Death in the Family was all my friends and I could talk about when it came out. I was 11, and I remember begging my parents to let me call the 900 number (that didn't go well for me... lol). I agree that it's really cool they did the alternate release - I grabbed a copy of each of the open order covers.

On 3/5/2024 at 6:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Death in the Family was all my friends and I could talk about when it came out. I was 11, and I remember begging my parents to let me call the 900 number (that didn't go well for me... lol). I agree that it's really cool they did the alternate release - I grabbed a copy of each of the open order covers.

Oh yeah.... I remember calling the 900 number and voting to kill him off!   lol.

Oh wow - I remember that storyline (having bought it off the shelf) - and had no idea they did a 2nd printing.

I thought about it lately because sometime in the last month I saw an auction house had an original art page for sale from # 445-447 - and it really irked me that they misidentified the antagonist as the KGBeast. Rather, it was his protege - the NYKDemon.

Haven't read the books in 30+ years but they stuck with me - that whole run from 400-500 was truly amazing.

On 4/8/2024 at 6:53 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Oh wow - I remember that storyline (having bought it off the shelf) - and had no idea they did a 2nd printing.

I thought about it lately because sometime in the last month I saw an auction house had an original art page for sale from # 445-447 - and it really irked me that they misidentified the antagonist as the KGBeast. Rather, it was his protege - the NYKDemon.

Haven't read the books in 30+ years but they stuck with me - that whole run from 400-500 was truly amazing.

Agreed.   And because of the over printing in the 1990's, most of that run can be bought for next to nothing.