• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
12 12

1,106 posts in this topic

In all my many years of hitting flea markets, garage sales and antique stores, I have yet to run into any quantity of these magazines. A few here and there but unlike comics, pulps ect., no box fulls or large stacks of them. I have many times made large scores of comics and pulps but not these. 

I have a few in my collection. But like BLBs, pulps, paper backs and other magazines, I have never actively seeked them out.

I know there are some real outrageous covers but many are a lot less outlandish.

Not being a collector, I can’t speak to prices. I do know even the best ones are cents on the dollar compared to comics and even pulps. So, if you can find them, still a real bargain. 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

A shame to see this topic lie dormant for so long.

A post written by @Randall Dowling in a parallel thread prompts an obvious question: what is the most you've ever paid for one of these mags, and which one was it?

While I have kept no records, and haven't bought one in years, I recall that this Man's Action I've oft posted here saw intense bidding and I paid something over $200 for it. This would have been more than fifteen years ago. [I had just lost out on another high grade copy so was determined to land it, so would've bid much higher if need be.]

Unlike comics, we don't have a price guide, do we? As @Robot Man pointed out in that parallel thread, they have gotten scarce, especially in grade and the collector pool may not be that deep, so it's hard to establish a frame of reference.

But it does seem to me that relative to comics and pulps, they remain significantly undervalued.

Man's Action June 1969.jpg

Around $200 is the most I’ve ever paid. I could see some of the best covers in high grade going for over 1k.

MCS listed a large group of men’s mags in the last few months. Pretty aggressive pricing but haven’t see any sell yet.

1A70AC69-7082-4729-81FB-9F63FD2B5141.jpeg

37B21426-ACA2-4C52-92F2-31DF3E31A38F.jpeg

A21F13A5-8EC6-45FF-9241-4A155F2480B7.jpeg

On 2/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, lbcolefan said:

Around $200 is the most I’ve ever paid. I could see some of the best covers in high grade going for over 1k.

MCS listed a large group of men’s mags in the last few months. Pretty aggressive pricing but haven’t see any sell yet.

37B21426-ACA2-4C52-92F2-31DF3E31A38F.jpeg

That Man's Life 2nd series v6-#3 is right up my alley. I like it!