• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK starring Tom Cruise (2020)
4 4

465 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, Buzzetta said:

We went two weeks ago.  Originally I wanted to see it but she did not until she saw a few commercials and saw the reviews.  She then surprised me with tickets.   This was her first time seeing a movie in the theater since before the pandemic and my third.  So the marketing campaign is drawing people in. 

This is not a movie to see at home on your TV.  Find the biggest baddest screen possible with the best sound system and recliner seats.  

We walked out like everyone else did, grinning and saying how much fun it was.  

I actually liked this better than the original. 

I must be one of the few that has never saw the original nor the sequel. And still has no desire to see either one. 

On 6/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, Lpgk said:

I must be one of the few that has never saw the original nor the sequel. And still has no desire to see either one. 

If you saw the original as a teenager (as I did) then regardless of your taste in movies, this new one is required nostalgic viewing. And its pretty good in that regard. As an action movie, the aerial sequences during training were amazing. Better than the actual combat mission at the end.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, kav said:

it was a great movie.

Real great,loved it more than the first one!(maybe because the first part of the movie feels like a heist movie finding the team and preping for the heist and the last part more like the end of star wars episode 4 flying in the tranches of the death star and the destroying it by a really small window oportunity lol )!

Edited by Namtak

On 6/26/2022 at 5:04 PM, Namtak said:

Real great,loved it more than the first one!(maybe because the first part of the movie feels like a heist movie finding the team and preping for histoire and the last part more like the end of star wars episode 4 flying in the tranches of the death star and the destroying it by a really small window oportunity lol )!

they really did a good job of throwing the protagonist overboard then having em get attacked by a shark which was then eaten by a whale and then here comes a soviet sub to blow em all up-ratcheting up the stakes.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:06 PM, kav said:

they really did a good job of throwing the protagonist overboard then having em get attacked by a shark which was then eaten by a whale and then here comes a soviet sub to blow em all up-ratcheting up the stakes.

Now that you mention it...they never said wich country they were atacking did they?

On 6/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, Namtak said:

Now that you mention it...they never said wich country they were atacking did they?

no and that was beautiful keeping all politics out of the movie.  refreshing.