• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, SuperBird said:

Did you read it to the end? I struggled through 201-250, then quit after the 50-year hockey issue, when it became apparent the remaining issues were going to be some insane religious thing. Even Gerhard quit reading it at that point, IIRC. 

To be honest, I struggled as well. It really just documented the author's struggle  with mental illness or drug use for that period of his life. Not uncommon in many artists. Like life,  not all things with great potential end well... just a tragic ending

Edited by Wolverinex

On 8/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, Wolverinex said:

I know.  I have wondered that myself.  Have u read any of them? I assume he doesn't draw any of it. 

I haven't read any. There's no new art, it's all repurposed from old drawings and remixed. 

On 9/13/2021 at 2:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

Oooh nice!  Are you planning on getting an Albedo 2 at some point?  That is an insane TMNT1

Nah, no Albedo for me. :(

The TMNT is a 2nd print, but I bought it when it came out and love it. 

I do have a few other black-covered 80s indy books though; Nexus, Primer, and Grendel.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, SuperBird said:

Nah, no Albedo for me. :(

The TMNT is a 2nd print, but I bought it when it came out and love it. 

I do have a few other black-covered 80s indy books though; Nexus, Primer, and Grendel.

Ooh, all nice books!

Incredible you picked up the 2nd print for 1.50. Did you know it was going to be popular when you read it?

On 9/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, Wolverinex said:

Ooh, all nice books!

Incredible you picked up the 2nd print for 1.50. Did you know it was going to be popular when you read it?

I knew it was hot beforehand. I subscribed to this weekly comic newspaper (I forget the name), and people were already writing about it.