• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 10:18 PM, spracknetch23 said:

I owned a counterfeit Cerebus 1 once as the result of a trade. It just wasn't for me, so I ended up selling it pretty quickly. While I understand the appeal of counterfeit copies, they just aren't my cup of tea. Never did pick up a real Cerebus 1!

Sweet.  I would have never assume the fakes would eventually go for real money

On 1/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, Bronty said:

Seems like the last 1k sale was 2019.   And then they quickly went up to 2k and 3k and now 5k.    

At the end of thr day the price increases on the art probably track pretty closely with the price increases on the early comics

On 1/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 1/27/2022 at 9:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

Cerebus 1 7.0 selling on Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPA7Gxr-Yc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You could buy a 7.5 Hulk 181 for the same money 

Cerebus is cool.....but I’m not sure he’s that cool 2c

Yes indeed, it would be cool if that went neck and neck. I'd be curious to see if someone took that idea and ran with it :whee:

Cool is relative, yet those would be interests I'd seek. Nerding out is hard to do! :goodvsevil:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, ThothAmon said:

Just dug this guy up. Not really sure what I’ve got here but I hope no one minds if I tart it out here. 

image.jpg

you've once again read between the lines, that seemed such a blur. I mistakenly passed on this book. If only the presence of mind to take action was within me, then maybe, I'd have something to cheers you with :cheers: 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, Wolverinex said:

What's the print run on those?

I've never seen official numbers. It's low, but not ridiculously low like early Albedo and Cerebus 1; I've seen 5 copies for sale over the last year, the most recent being a VG that went for $250 or so on eBay

There are only 52 copies on the census, fwiw, which is just half of the 1st series #1 (it was a fully black and white self-published thing. The Hernandez bros. sold a ton of them directly from their website a few years back, all in mint condition, so they are very common in HG)

Edited by SuperBird

On 1/30/2022 at 11:20 AM, SuperBird said:

completely different audiences. 

That's true.  I was reading more about the Author Dave Sim, and despite all his many flaws and criticisms against him, one thing can be said,   he never sold out in the end.  

Cerebus 1 will stand as a testament to that as time goes on. The rise of the independent creator.  

On 1/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, SuperBird said:

I've never seen official numbers. It's low, but not ridiculously low like early Albedo and Cerebus 1; I've seen 5 copies for sale over the last year, the most recent being a VG that went for $250 or so on eBay

There are only 52 copies on the census, fwiw, which is just half of the 1st series #1 (it was a fully black and white self-published thing. The Hernandez bros. sold a ton of them directly from their website a few years back, all in mint condition, so they are very common in HG)

Fascinating.  So we don't know the actual print run of the black and whites as well as this colored first printing....

On 1/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 1/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, ThothAmon said:

Just dug this guy up. Not really sure what I’ve got here but I hope no one minds if I tart it out here. 

image.jpg

3rd appearance of yojimbo not albedo

Expand  

you've once again read between the lines, that seemed such a blur. I mistakenly passed on this book. If only the presence of mind to take action was within me, then maybe, I'd have something to cheers you with :cheers: 

Oh and to further explain (after my reaction of you lucky duck lol ) it is the 2nd or 3rd appearance of albedo. You mention your not sure what you have?

It, like all my TMNT books, is where only the 1st appearance matters for some odd cowinkadink of reality, in value! :( Getting them now while you can is a ^^ 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM