• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2021 at 12:26 AM, lou_fine said:

Sure, why not on what is seemingly our first beautiful snowy Christmas Eve and pending White Christmas in decades!!!  :applause:

Deni feels the urge to go...........runs to the potty..........pulls down her bottoms..........takes a dump..........grabs another HG copy of Cerebus 1 and spits a big gob ball on it after wiping her arse nice and clean with it.............crumble up the soiled Cerebus 1 and tosses it into a shipping mailer bag ...................ships the bag with the Cerebus 1 to CCS for a deep deep cleaning and full on press job....................cleaned and pressed Cerebus 1 is kicked to the next room for CGC grading...............Deni receives another CGC 9.0 graded copy of Cerebus 1 and sells it to the nerdy Cerebus comic book fanboys for a small fortune.  :banana:  :whee:

Too much egg nog last night? 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:47 PM, Ryan. said:

Too much egg nog last night? 

You, kind sir, need MORE egg nod to lift up both your Christmas spirit and your sense of humour.  :bigsmile:

Actually, I've been potty training my granddaughter and this kind of reminds me of a book that I read to her when she's sitting on the potty. (thumbsu

On 12/25/2021 at 6:59 PM, lou_fine said:

You, kind sir, need MORE egg nod to lift up both your Christmas spirit and your sense of humour.  :bigsmile:

Actually, I've been potty training my granddaughter and this kind of reminds me of a book that I read to her when she's sitting on the potty. (thumbsu

Any photos of the white christmas?  I am jealous.  

Anybody needing a copy of Albedo #2 to finish off their Black Cat Club collection:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/albedo-2-thoughts-and-images-1984-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/122152-17023.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

lf?set=path%5B2%2F5%2F2%2F7%2F4%2F25274551%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Already sitting at $15K or $18K including the BP juice with less than 4 hours to go in today's Heritage Subday auction.  Definitelymakes kind of wonder where this copy will finish up at by the time it's all said and done in a few short hours from now?  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

On 12/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, lou_fine said:

Anybody needing a copy of Albedo #2 to finish off their Black Cat Club collection:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/albedo-2-thoughts-and-images-1984-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/122152-17023.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

lf?set=path%5B2%2F5%2F2%2F7%2F4%2F25274551%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Already sitting at $15K or $18K including the BP juice with less than 4 hours to go in today's Heritage Subday auction.  Definitelymakes kind of wonder where this copy will finish up at by the time it's all said and done in a few short hours from now?  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

@ghn999 did you add this to your collection

On 12/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, lou_fine said:

24k dude.    Could this flip over a Cerebus 1 once the show comes out?

On 12/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, lou_fine said:

On 12/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, Wolverinex said:

24k dude.    Could this flip over a Cerebus 1 once the show comes out?

Highly doubt it for copies in CGC 9.0 and above due to the relative rarity of Cerebus 1 in high grade as compared to the readily available Albedo 2 in equivalent high grade.  

On 1/1/2022 at 1:11 AM, lou_fine said:

Highly doubt it for copies in CGC 9.0 and above due to the relative rarity of Cerebus 1 in high grade as compared to the readily available Albedo 2 in equivalent high grade.  

Several copies of counterfeit Cerebus 1s sold on ebay... insane they are hitting $400 to $500. 

On 1/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, Wolverinex said:

Several copies of counterfeit Cerebus 1s sold on ebay... insane they are hitting $400 to $500. 

Like the authentic Cerebus 1, maybe the counterfeit copy is even tougher to find in grade than that over hyped and much ballyhooed Albedo 2?  lol

On 1/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, Bronty said:

It’s also, I dunno, counterfeit?    I’ve never understood buying one of those and encouraging that sort of thing 2c

I bought one back when I couldn't justify spending $350 on a comic book for the real thing, and was collecting a complete Cerebus run. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, SuperBird said:

I bought one back when I couldn't justify spending $350 on a comic book for the real thing, and was collecting a complete Cerebus run. 

wow, 350 for an authentic one.  Seems so cheap now.  How long ago was that? When I started tracking these, the fakes were initially around 99 dollars about 5 years ago.  

On 1/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, Wolverinex said:

wow, 350 for an authentic one.  Seems so cheap now.  How long ago was that? When I started tracking these, the fakes were initially around 99 dollars about 5 years ago.  

This had to have been in the early 90s. I paid $40 for the fake one, which at the time was the most I ever spent on a comic. 

I bought my counterfeit number one years ago when I had one of the top collections of number one through 10. Sort of a completionist thing. Look pretty neat being able to compare the two also. When I sold most of my comics off I decided to keep the counterfeit. It was always really hard to get a high grade copy and at the time not worth a lot. Also, Dave made me an original piece of art that mimics issue number one so was always my intention to have them put together in a frame. I really wanted it with my high-grade original copy but, again I had gotten out of comics and things changed due to life circumstances

On 1/17/2022 at 4:10 PM, cyberjad1 said:

I bought my counterfeit number one years ago when I had one of the top collections of number one through 10. Sort of a completionist thing. Look pretty neat being able to compare the two also. When I sold most of my comics off I decided to keep the counterfeit. It was always really hard to get a high grade copy and at the time not worth a lot. Also, Dave made me an original piece of art that mimics issue number one so was always my intention to have them put together in a frame. I really wanted it with my high-grade original copy but, again I had gotten out of comics and things changed due to life circumstances

Pretty cool you owned both. Was it very simple to see the differences between the real and fake?