• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,652 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, Telegan said:

Which comic would you rather have? Does "buy the comic, not the grade" apply?  I almost decided to go after the 4.0, but decided to pass for now.

image.png.79f83b49fb616146d26be0bab8cf3c81.pngimage.png.ff3ffcfd91203cdd2feaad2863dc1d3c.png 

Oh, the 4.0 hands down. It’s all about the color to me. Especially in a slab where that is all you can see.

I find it kind of amusing how CGC treats fading or poor printing. They will hammer the hell out if a book with a little stain but they treat “color fading” like it isn’t a defect at all.

Buy the book. Not the slab…

On 10/31/2023 at 7:21 AM, ThothAmon said:

I won this. One of my favorite covers. Can’t say I was paying attention enough to comment generally on pricing but my guess is some bargains were to be had last night. 

IMG_0244.jpeg

First off, you didn’t “win” anything. You were just the one who offered the most money for it.

And if it is one of your favorite covers it was probably a great deal to you. At the end of the day, that is all that really matters. 

Congrats! A cool one I have never noticed. 

On 11/1/2023 at 7:08 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I would choose the 4.0 over the 5.0 in a heartbeat.

But I'm content with my 8.5 :cloud9:

Space_Adventures_12_front (2).jpg

Bragger.  There was no "other" option! :D  Yeah, I've been looking to buy a copy, but there's always "something else", and then I'm confronted with the 4.0 and 5.0 in the same auction and the fade threw me for a loop.  I'm kind of surprised they ended up in the same auction - it almost looked like they ate into each other's bidding with the lower grade vs. better cover issue, but I don't know.  Yours is  really good copy, though.  Congrats!

Edited by Telegan

On 11/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, Professor K said:

106,666 with 2 hours to go. Even if it used to put on a coverless copy I can't see it going much higher.

I think if you already have a coverless copy, you will pay whatever it takes to get that cover. You would make back your investment many times over with a married complete book.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:11 PM, Professor K said:

106,666 with 2 hours to go. Even if it used to put on a coverless copy I can't see it going much higher.

It will

Wont be surprised if it hits 150

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 11/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Gotham Kid said:

the most expensive cover in history

Doubt will see something comparable ever come up for sale from Action 1. I mean you never know but I’d be surprised. The only cover from Action 1 I know of is the 3/5th’s of a front cover that previously sold. So for the foreseeable future, this Tec 27 will hold the title.

IMG_2310.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/29/2023 at 5:12 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Doubt will see something comparable ever come up for sale from Action 1. I mean you never know but I’d be surprised. The only cover from Action 1 I know of is the 3/5th’s of a front cover that previously sold. So for the foreseeable future, this Tec 27 will hold the title.

IMG_2310.jpeg

A complete cover (might have been just FC) for AC1 sold about 12-15 years ago on one of the auction sites.

Edited by Johnny545

On 11/29/2023 at 6:03 PM, Johnny545 said:

A complete cover (might have been just FC) for AC1 sold about 12-15 years ago on one of the auction sites.

Wonder if we’ll ever see it again. I imagine by now it’s been added to a coverless copy.