• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,670 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the Batman #2 in CGC 3.5 sold for on ComicLink on May 30?  Weeks later I realize I never placed a tracking bid.  But also America's Best Comics #26 CGC 6.0?   And, although not GA, the Spectre #1 in CGC 9.4 that sold there on June 5?   

Edited by Pantodude

On 7/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, Pantodude said:

Does anyone know what the Batman #2 in CGC 3.5 sold for on ComicLink on May 30?  Weeks later I realize I never placed a tracking bid.  But also America's Best Comics #26 CGC 6.0?   And, although not GA, the Spectre #1 in CGC 9.4 that sold there on June 5?   

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/auctionschedule.asp#Past Auction Results I didn't see the Spectre. 

Opera Snapshot_2023-07-16_151119_www.comiclink.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2023-07-16_151228_www.comiclink.com.png

On 7/16/2023 at 12:23 PM, action1kid said:

I always though Comic link was more geared toward Silver age books.

From their auction results, I always thought CL's customer base was really geared more towards highest graded copies of BA & CA books.  (thumbsu

On 7/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, lou_fine said:

From their auction results, I always thought CL's customer base was really geared more towards highest graded copies of BA & CA books.  (thumbsu

I've gotten a LOT of great Golden and Silver Age from ComicLink over the years! I'm not much of a Bronze or Copper Age collector, but I've gotten some Bronze from them as well. On average, prices there seem more favorable than the other major auction houses, by my experiences.  (thumbsu

On 7/17/2023 at 8:39 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I've gotten a LOT of great Golden and Silver Age from ComicLink over the years! I'm not much of a Bronze or Copper Age collector, but I've gotten some Bronze from them as well. On average, prices there seem more favorable than the other major auction houses, by my experiences.  (thumbsu

Which makes one wonder why anyone would consign GA to Comiclink.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:39 PM, tth2 said:

Which makes one wonder why anyone would consign GA to Comiclink.

Could be a few factors: % of sale price in pocket, customer service, perhaps quantity of comics. In some cases, size DOES matter.  (shrug)

Edited by Frisco Larson
added emoji

On 9/6/2023 at 4:13 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Anything over $1,500 incurs $65 in shipping for 1–3 books. Up to 3 books totaling less than $1,500 is $50 to ship.

That is why I have de-prioritized CLink as a source compared to Heritage, CConnect, and MyComicShop. I bought a few books there this go round, but seeing the shipping on my invoice reminded me why I haven't been buying much from them. These were my pick ups.

0109232226531.jpg

0509232202251.jpg

0109232318291.jpg

That Jughead 8 is a beauty of a classic and I’m sure you got a great deal. If I’d been paying attention I’d have given you a run for your money. 

On 9/7/2023 at 1:50 AM, thewritestuff said:

It's a lot to me, personally, but still tiny in comparison to the high-end books in that auction (and in this thread).

I mean just look at the positives. You said you’re like a 4 hour drive from them. That means your in Maine so you got access to some killer lobster rolls!

On 9/7/2023 at 11:08 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean just look at the positives. You said you’re like a 4 hour drive from them. That means your in Maine so you got access to some killer lobster rolls!

I think he's saying he can't have lobster rolls because the money went towards shipping the comic books. :(

Edited by Telegan