• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

No problem, it is usually just a matter of adjusting your imaging software setting. I have found my pics fit best at 850 Width and 150 dpi at 85-95% quality. Hope that helps - Tim

I use a tip I was given years ago, which is to set width at 770. The average user sets their resolution at 800 width, so 770 will allow the entire picture to fit within their screen without scrolling. (I know, higher resolution is better, I set my own at 1280.)

This Detective #3 is up to 3K already, from a very low feedback seller, and no pics.

Plus his / her feedback is strictly as a buyer not a seller and as recent as 2004!

In regards to ebay item #6633233457 Detective Comics in CGC 4.5. Looks like the scans are up for it. Not the best looking scans but you can see the CGC ID #.

Looks a little dirty but not the worse copy of thise book, I have ever seen.

I won this on the last Heritage signature auction and paid a lot $$$$.

The book looks great but seems to have a large spine split running down to the top staple. Also a small piece out on the top of the back cover. Still a nice 3.0 cloud9.gif

File0302.jpg[/img]

Sweet Tec 35 hail.gif I guess the spine split caused the 3.0 grade, but it sure looks like a 5.0 from your scan.

I wonder why this issue comes up so infrequently for sale? I tend to see issues 32,33,34, 36, & 37 much more often than #35. Maybe they're out there, it's just that collectors aren't selling.

Congrats on a great purchase! thumbsup2.gif

I've noticed a lot of the mid grade pre Robin Tec's seem to have some form of spine split. I think all 3 of the Tec #31 5.0's have at least a 1 incher. Is this because of the thickness of the books?

I won this on the last Heritage signature auction and paid a lot $$$$.

The book looks great but seems to have a large spine split running down to the top staple. Also a small piece out on the top of the back cover. Still a nice 3.0 cloud9.gif

File0302.jpg[/img]

Thanks for posting that book bat-hound!! My fav Detective cover by far. I followed its progress in that auction... congrats on a great book.

You could have practically picked it up. Well, I guess it would've been a bit of a drive. He lives near where I grew up and one of my first ebay purchases from the seller--Star Spangled War Stories w/Unknown Soldier that I needed. I thought his grading was poor at the time.

Marc

Could'nt resist buying the Detective #31 Vault Auctions listing.

Vault Auctions

Only spotted it 3 hours before auction ended and though I never normally buy plods it is a #31 in MP 8.0. yay.gif

Ended up highest bidder but hadn't met reserve. I do like Vault Auctions in that it prevents last minute sniping. At end of auction all those who have previously bid on an item can bid for a further 4 minutes. This 4 minute period continues to rollover till there hasn't been a bid for 4 minutes at which point the auction ends. If you win the auction but don't meet the reserve the highest bidder os offered it first at the reserve price before it ges on open offer. laugh.gif