• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

guide is 1.5K plus. My guess is 3k for it maybe more

The last copy of TEC 35 Heritage sold was a CGC 2.5 but it has tape all along the spine (otherwise a clean copy though) I think it sold for around $2,500. So, I'm thinking maybe $3,400 for the 3.0.

I agree, certainly a lot more than guide. thumbsup2.gif

Whoa, I just double checked the Heritage archives for the Tec 35, and I shortchanged the selling price. The CGC 2.5 with tape sold for $3,450 in Feb 05 893whatthe.gif

guide is 1.5K plus. My guess is 3k for it maybe more

Cripes! That much? I hoping around 2k. crazy.gif

These don't come up often enough to rely on Overstreet. Plus, all you need it two bidders deciding they have to have a copy and away you go.

gossip.gif Your "Goodbye" Kitty avatar is 27_laughing.gif

These don't come up often enough to rely on Overstreet. Plus, all you need it two bidders deciding they have to have a copy and away you go.

That's right and don't forget about the 19.5% juice going to Heritage as well.

I will stick with my beat up coverless copy!

File0264.jpg[/img]

That's right and don't forget about the 19.5% juice going to Heritage as well.

File0264.jpg[/img]

That has to be the greatest splash panel of all time! hail.gif

This just arrived yesterday. It isn't anything to write home about, as it's just a beat front cover only. But it's my first stab at Golden Age Detective, and I like seeing it in hand. Now, does anyone have a coverless copy, or a back cover?

tec39.jpg

Hope you can find that coverless copy, Rob! Tec #39 was a grail of mine for some time, and is one of the few early DC grails I've actually achieved...will post it here sometime. I love the cover (great color scheme & perspective, plus Batman knocking the guy off the building!) and the story is very cool too...2nd Robin, but they take on an "Oriental hatchet gang" and the story definitely has that ominous pre-Robin mood to it. Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

10K if unrestored and no back cover issues - just a guess. One of the best villain 1st appearance issues, if not the best.

Batman and Spiderman are known for having the best villians. But this puts ASM 14 to shame. Since the Joker Luthor Magneto Loki and Red Skull are very early issues you don't get the same singularity there. Doc Ock?, Penguin? Mxytpytzik? Not in the same league. TEC 140 - top ten grail.

BTW wheres the 142? A much better Riddler cover IMO. Less common, more likely unrestored and a better value.

10K if unrestored and no back cover issues - just a guess. One of the best villain 1st appearance issues, if not the best.

Batman and Spiderman are known for having the best villians. But this puts ASM 14 to shame. Since the Joker Luthor Magneto Loki and Red Skull are very early issues you don't get the same singularity there. Doc Ock?, Penguin? Mxytpytzik? Not in the same league. TEC 140 - top ten grail.

BTW wheres the 142? A much better Riddler cover IMO. Less common, more likely unrestored and a better value.

The Detective # 140 was cleaned and pressed with a few small tear seals to the front cover by Susan Cicconi about 10 years ago. My guess the grade of the book before restoration was a GD+. She simply did an amazing job!

Here are my unrestored copies.

file0202.jpg[/img]

file0201.jpg[/img]

File0264.jpg[/img]

Hey did you check out the low grade copy of TEC 35 on ebay? Maybe you can purchase it so you can have a cover for your copy. I bet you can't even tell where the piece was added to the front cover tongue.gif

Here's the scan...

300-0306-100.jpg

Hey did you check out the low grade copy of TEC 35 on ebay? Maybe you can purchase it so you can have a cover for your copy. I bet you can't even tell where the piece was added to the front cover tongue.gif

Here's the scan...

300-0306-100.jpg

Would like a unrestored cover. That book has too many large pieces added with bad artwork resto to justify the reserve listing.