• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

sorry page 319 in the "This Week in your collection " thread in Comics General

shame there isn't a slapping one's head like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person graemlin.

foreheadslap.gif

thanks - had concentrated previously on silver age marvels but reading the golden age threads has reminded me of how much I love these covers.

Have started collecting Detectives 1-100 recently and though I only have 2 a #31 CGC MP 8.0 and a #38 is a good start. cloud9.gif

hello all...

does anyone know who owns the tec 29, restored that is on clink?...I missed this book selling via heritage a few months ago at $4k, and I have offered $5500 for it via clink, but the seller has not even responded or countered at all?...just curious if they are on this board and if they really want to sell the book , or if I am barking up the wrong tree...if anyone knows, please PM me

thanks

rick

I might have shown this one before? Who remembers? Since I won nothing from Heritage I felt like posting something.

detectivecomics10apcgc9.0.jpg

Bummer that you didn't pick up any books, but that's a wonderful blessing to count!

I don't think I've ever posted a book in this thread before. This is a really fun one...on ebay I was able to snag both a Tec 76 cover wrap, and a coverless Tec 76 (thanks to new forumite Mike Smith!), and marry them up. I can't believe how nice the cover looks...gloss and color strike are really superb. cloud9.gif

1397978-tec76small.jpg

1397978-tec76small.jpg.53aa701e9f64cad96b8464cf734170bf.jpg

I don't think I've ever posted a book in this thread before. This is a really fun one...on ebay I was able to snag both a Tec 76 cover wrap, and a coverless Tec 76 (thanks to new forumite Mike Smith!), and marry them up. I can't believe how nice the cover looks...gloss and color strike are really superb. cloud9.gif

Since I know how it feels to post something you think is cool and have absolutely no one comment on it, I'll add my comment. tongue.gif

Well done! 893applaud-thumb.gif Tec 76 is a classic Joker cover & story. Congrats, Jon.

1397978-tec76small.jpg

You can thank me for being able to snag that. I had it on my watchlist, with the intention of bidding $100 (not sure if you bid that much), and missed it, and saw it went for $42. I was mad. Congrats!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice 76. That's cool that you got both halves together. The cover is too nice to let sit empty. Are you going to have them professionaly attached?

Norinn - What's vader doing with my book! 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also re post the book no one commented on and I'll see what I can do.

No, CW, no plans to have any work done...quite happy with the book as is.

Thanks for the comments guys. And thanks to you especially, Rob! Yeah, I really lucked out that the cover finished on the low side. (Though given what I know of your recent Bat-purchases, I can't feel "too" sorry for you!) grin.gif