• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas Batman Fans!!!!

Great cover

It looks good Norinn go for it. Even if it has a lot of resto, it still has the feel that no reprint that I know of has yet matched

You should see the Crowley Fawcetts on this auction. I had made mention in another thread about how Crowley Fawcetts can go toe to toe with Church Fawcetts. I believe this auction points this statement out quite nicely.

It looks good Norinn go for it. Even if it has a lot of resto, it still has the feel that no reprint that I know of has yet matched

I doubt that I'll win it with my low bid. But we'll see. popcorn.gif

The Tec #31 is quickly up to $3,200 with 14 days left in the auction. Still the high bidder?

I doubt that I'll win it with my low bid. But we'll see. popcorn.gif

The Tec #31 is quickly up to $3,200 with 14 days left in the auction. Still the high bidder?

Negatory. tonofbricks.gif Too rich for my blood (for now).

Anyone notice the upcoming January Heritage auction preview? They have a run of Detective Comics from #27-41 (minus #34) ALL restored copies.

"You are the current high bidder" yay.gif

819039043o.jpg

tongue.gif

Not anymore, you're not. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention, Norrin. devil.gifgrin.gif

This thread makes me sad. I sold all my Golden Age Tec's last year. frown.gif The 73 is one I wish I would have owned for at least a short time. I came close to getting a 7.0 at one point but I could never drop that kind of cash because I would always find a Joker cover to save up for and purchase instead.

This thread makes me sad. I sold all my Golden Age Tec's last year. frown.gif The 73 is one I wish I would have owned for at least a short time. I came close to getting a 7.0 at one point but I could never drop that kind of cash because I would always find a Joker cover to save up for and purchase instead.

What GA Tecs did you have? popcorn.gif

Tec 40 CGC 5.0, 62 (CGC 7.0 or 7.5 I forget which), 66 CGC 6.5, 69 CGC 8.5, 71 CGC 8.5 (Twilight Copy), 91 CGC 7.0, 109 CGC 7.5, 118 CGC 7.0 (I think Doiby Dickles has my copy now), 128 CGC 7.5, and 168 CGC 6.5.

I sold all the issues from 40-71, and 168 so I could by the page 1 splash to Silver Surfer 1. Then I sold that page 1 splash and the rest of the books so I could buy a new car. Although I do miss having the stuff it is nice having a reliable car to get around in.

Edited by Mephisto

Tec 40 CGC 5.0, 62 (CGC 7.0 or 7.5 I forget which), 66 CGC 6.5, 69 CGC 8.5, 71 CGC 8.5 (Twilight Copy), 91 CGC 7.0, 109 CGC 7.5, 118 CGC 7.0 (I think Doiby Dickles has my copy now), 128 CGC 7.5, and 168 CGC 6.5.

I sold all the issues from 40-71, and 168 so I could by the page 1 splash to Silver Surfer 1. Then I sold that page 1 splash and the rest of the books so I could buy a new car. Although I do miss having the stuff it is nice having a reliable car to get around in.

You sold classic GA comics for classic SA art for a depreciating asset. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif

So you ARE JokersBallz on comicpriceguide.com. wink.gif

Yeah but I don't really post on that place anymore. Not much really happens over there. My dad just passed away, so I'm thinking about filling in some of his baseball card collection. It will give me a way to say connected to him. He gave me all his cards and we went to shows together when I was younger. It will be a little cheaper and easier to get a card here and there while I'm still in college rather than trying to pay a ton for comic art, which when I'm done with college I may wonder back into a little bit. As far as GA books go I think I'll just stick to my Archives from now on.