• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Not too many Everett war covers..... this one is fairly uncommon.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

man22.jpg

I did a count at one time, can't remember what I came up with, but there weren't many and less with his wonderful signature...nice book Jim!!

Not too many Everett war covers..... this one is fairly uncommon.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

man22.jpg

I did a count at one time, can't remember what I came up with, but there weren't many and less with his wonderful signature...nice book Jim!!

I think this is the only pre-code Everett Atlas war cover. He did 12 others if I'm counting correctly, 10 of which were Navy titles. Those were all after his style had evolved a bit more realistically. Man 22 is a very under-rated book.

Great book, white pages and a pedigree, but I don't know that it really looks that much nicer than the 6.5 Sparkle City sold for 2.5K back in January, and I suspect that price was a bit of a fluke. I can't see it selling for anywhere near 8.5K, but then I'm not the buyer for this sort of thing.

Great book, white pages and a pedigree, but I don't know that it really looks that much nicer than the 6.5 Sparkle City sold for 2.5K back in January, and I suspect that price was a bit of a fluke. I can't see it selling for anywhere near 8.5K, but then I'm not the buyer for this sort of thing.

I think the sparkle city sold for 3.6K someone already bid 6.0K for this one...

I think the sparkle city sold for 3.6K someone already bid 6.0K for this one...

I thought I recalled it selling for over 3K, but Sparkle City's website lists it as a $2,500 sale in their archives. Second chance sale? (shrug) I'm a little suspect of listed bids on Comiclink at times.There always seem to be a few books with bids of close to 90% of asking almost immediately - which looks really suspicious.

When Comiclink lists a book as pending - is it at the listed or accepted price? I will say that Menace #5 is sweet - looks nicer than a 7.5 in the scan. It also has a long history of being one of the more sought after Atlas PCH books.

Menace 5 is a minor key, scarce in high grade and has not sold publicly in that grade so I'm not too surprised at that price.