• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Just in from the tall geek... :banana:

wow, ponseti had a nice book (thumbs u

I wish!

I'm the vertically challenged geek :gossip:

so that contract with the Lakers to play the 5 spot is not on the table any longer (shrug)

Here's a quick question for all of you experienced Golden Age collectors/fans. I love the old school classic covers, the train covers, and... the war covers. So, I'm curious which title you think has the overall best line of WWII-era covers.

(And PLEASE feel free to show me which one of yours is the BEST :grin: )

It's no contest. Action has far more war covers than Supes.

But for quality I think you have to give the nod to Supes. 14, 17, 18, 23, 24, 26 are all potentially better than anything in the Action run.

It's no contest. Action has far more war covers than Supes.

But for quality I think you have to give the nod to Supes. 14, 17, 18, 23, 24, 26 are all potentially better than anything in the Action run.

I don't disagree with that, although, for me it doesn't get any better than Action #40,43,44,48 and #63. those are perfect. I've always looked at the Supes covers as more "Patriotic" than war type covers, especially #14,17 & 24.

Edited by thedude

Love these early Supes. Along with the #9 I won in today's Heritage auction, I now have 5 of the first 10 issues... :banana:

superman10.jpg

incredible book Jeff, congrats !!

Thanks, Alton. Seems like #10, like #7, is tough to find without dust shadows, so I'm really happy with this copy. :cloud9: