• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage pulp auctions
8 8

233 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2023 at 8:16 AM, manetteska said:

Why? Are the bids/wins not saved off?

There was information I had regarding the number of bidders in the pulp auction recently that I shared that I don’t have currently with the Baker auction from a couple of months ago. That’s all. 

On 5/17/2023 at 8:16 AM, lpsunburst said:

Nice batch! The 12/39 WT with the Bok cover is one of my favorites!

I kind of wish I had kept the G-8 and his Battle Aces shown (and I also submitted a second issue too.)  I could have quietly collected the full run without breaking the bank and still had an interesting run, but the plan is it's time to let go and focus on downsizing. 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I kind of wish I had kept the G-8 and his Battle Aces shown (and I also submitted a second issue too.)  I could have quietly collected the full run without breaking the bank and still had an interesting run, but the plan is it's time to let go and focus on downsizing. 

Focus is really tough because there are so many amazing issues in almost every title. Fortunately, like you said, you can still put together an amazing collection for only a fraction of what a comic run would cost.

On 5/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I sold my pulp collection the beginning of last year on Heritage [I know should have waited].  It was time to downsize and put in a new kitchen.  However, I do miss them!

On 5/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, ArkhamCastle said:

I sold my pulp collection the beginning of last year on Heritage [I know should have waited].  It was time to downsize and put in a new kitchen.  However, I do miss them!

I can relate. I would still be holding them if I were younger, but it's time to let go and downsize for me. Those Ka-zar's are also something that hurt to let go; these are the absolute first printing of any Timely, Atlas/Marvel Comics character, and even precede the first printing of the Sub-Mariner in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1.  Short, sweet three-issue run. :x

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 5/22/2023 at 3:19 PM, Forbush-Man said:

More Pulps coming up for auction begins tomorrow May 23rd.  Bid early, BID OFTEN!  Heritage Auction lot

:banana::Rocket:

I think your link goes to each user's specific consignment page.  

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294940499&ic5=CatalogHome-ActionArea-Cover-071515

I think this should link to the actual auction.  Some fantastic books.  Be interesting to see where the terror and horror stories end up.

The Bat Woman Weird Tales in FN just sold for $20,400.  Consistent with recent trends, quite a jump over previous sales of this book in this grade.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/pulps/horror/weird-tales-october-1933-popular-fiction-condition-fn/a/7340-92220.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

On 6/22/2023 at 9:32 PM, tth2 said:

The Bat Woman Weird Tales in FN just sold for $20,400.  Consistent with recent trends, quite a jump over previous sales of this book in this grade.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/pulps/horror/weird-tales-october-1933-popular-fiction-condition-fn/a/7340-92220.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

Wow. I can remember passing on nicer copies for less than $1000 when I was chasing pulps because they were not high grade enough to fit with my WT Conan run. :pullhair:

On 6/23/2023 at 10:30 AM, october said:

A copy in about fine sold at the Windy City Pulp Con at ~$15k or so. 

Which was a great looking book but for the ink spots on the back 

On 6/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, october said:

A copy in about fine sold at the Windy City Pulp Con at ~$15k or so. 

At the moment, Heritage is definitely the place to sell pulps, particularly higher grade copies.  

On 6/23/2023 at 11:07 PM, kimik said:

Wow. I can remember passing on nicer copies for less than $1000 when I was chasing pulps because they were not high grade enough to fit with my WT Conan run. :pullhair:

That must've been a while back because FN or better copies of the Bat Woman issue haven't been less than $1000 for a long long time.