• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage pulp auctions
8 8

233 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jack Linguini said:

Damn. I should not have slept on this one. Some decent pickups under $200 A few really nice shadow covers.
And this was a lot 5 books for $200 from heritage is quite reasonable. Nothing spectacular in this lot except this.
I will own this pulp !!! 1 more edit. This is actually 5 or 4 "library" bound in 1 volume.

Screenshot2023-09-22at11_07_54AM.thumb.png.265797b14166626ce96647fbf69871b7.png

That cover is absolutely ridiculous :D

On 9/29/2023 at 1:55 PM, Aman619 said:

any guesses or thoughts on why the worlds savviest comic collector is selling off so many pulps with slabbing right around the corner?  Low grade dupes?  bad timing? Novocaine prices skyrocketing?? 

Probably realized that he wouldn’t get them back quickly enough to finish selling them all off before The Great Crash.

Edited by tth2

haha.  thats pretty. pretty savvy for sure!   I'll admit Im a little tempted by many of these cool covers, but, prices have exploded too far and fast.  and of course, (like you) there are just too few high grade opportunities to make a run for them.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:25 AM, Aman619 said:

haha.  thats pretty. pretty savvy for sure!   I'll admit Im a little tempted by many of these cool covers, but, prices have exploded too far and fast.  and of course, (like you) there are just too few high grade opportunities to make a run for them.

Prices seem to have gone up on speculation more than they would have with certification.  Doesn't seem like a bad time to sell.  

On 10/1/2023 at 1:25 AM, Aman619 said:

there are just too few high grade opportunities

I don't even understand the grading.  I see some books listed as VF or even VF+ that have shredded edges, and then other books in the same grade (or even lower) that appear to have clean edges.  

On 9/29/2023 at 12:55 AM, Aman619 said:

any guesses or thoughts on why the worlds savviest comic collector is selling off so many pulps with slabbing right around the corner?  Low grade dupes?  bad timing? Novocaine prices skyrocketing?? 

I asked that same question last month in the pulp discussion thread.  Seems odd.

Edited by GACollectibles

On 1/12/2024 at 7:29 AM, comicjack said:

Nice price one tough pulp

Every dog has its day. This one took a little over 112 years …. Never found one for sale when they might have been affordable. Have been able to salt away a few Bat Woman Weird Tales over the years so I’m happy to see the love with recent auction results. 

IMG_0024.jpeg

I'd noticed this one when I looked through as being super-neat and a real "key" (and I'm not sure I've seen it for sale before).  Never thought of a horseshoe as a weapon before, but it's a good one.  Can conceal it, throw it, strike with it.

Tons of neat books up, watching the home stretch here.

Edited by Darwination