• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage pulp auctions
8 8

233 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 11:04 PM, tth2 said:

That must've been a while back because FN or better copies of the Bat Woman issue haven't been less than $1000 for a long long time.

I built my pulp collection late 90s to 2003 then sold when they doubled in price. 🤮

On 6/25/2023 at 9:16 AM, manetteska said:
On 6/24/2023 at 1:02 PM, tth2 said:

At the moment, Heritage is definitely the place to sell pulps, particularly higher grade copies.  

Or what Heritage decides to call higher grade copies. 

Well, since CGC still hasn't started slabbing pulps, the seller's grade is all we have to rely on unless we buy only in-person.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, waaaghboss said:
On 6/25/2023 at 7:11 AM, manetteska said:

And the pictures they provide. 

I kinda wish HA included pics to show the extremely rusted staples or water damage present in a vg+ pulp I got from them a few years ago :(

I mean -- and this extends beyond pulps -- why wouldn't they goose a raw grade a level or two? Just more commission $$$.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:50 AM, manetteska said:

I mean -- and this extends beyond pulps -- why wouldn't they goose a raw grade a level or two? Just more commission $$$.

It's just like collecting comics back in the old days!  

And back then, we didn't get scans...

Edited by tth2

On 7/19/2023 at 6:02 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I've got some more pulps coming up for auction at Heritage, you can view the lots HERE.  As always, bid early & often! :banana:

Is there a reason you're pushing these through Heritage -- which it appears they are lumping most into group lots -- as opposed to selling here? Is the Heritage bump that great when it comes to your net?

On 7/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, manetteska said:

Is there a reason you're pushing these through Heritage -- which it appears they are lumping most into group lots -- as opposed to selling here? Is the Heritage bump that great when it comes to your net?

I took my entire collection to them. Some sell individually, some in groups. It is what it is. 

On 7/19/2023 at 11:42 AM, Forbush-Man said:
On 7/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, manetteska said:

I took my entire collection to them. Some sell individually, some in groups. It is what it is. 

So this is them splitting your 1 collection around various auctions, not you continually sending them additional books?

On 7/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, manetteska said:

So this is them splitting your 1 collection around various auctions, not you continually sending them additional books?

Right. The bigger more valuable books sell individually, some of the lower value books sell in lots. 

On 7/26/2023 at 12:47 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I have a new set of Science Fiction pulps now open for bidding HERE   Bid early, bid often! :banana:

They’re lucky bidders do the heavy lifting for them. It’s crazy some of those aren’t broken out of the lots: War of the Worlds Amazing Stories and Dynamic Science for sure should be offered individually, as should some Planets. (shrug)

On 7/27/2023 at 10:34 AM, PopKulture said:

They’re lucky bidders do the heavy lifting for them. It’s crazy some of those aren’t broken out of the lots: War of the Worlds Amazing Stories and Dynamic Science for sure should be offered individually, as should some Planets. (shrug)

Yes, but on the other hand, bidders can be forced to pay more than they otherwise would for the dreck that's in the same lot in order to get the desirable pulps.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:15 AM, tth2 said:

Yes, but on the other hand, bidders can be forced to pay more than they otherwise would for the dreck that's in the same lot in order to get the desirable pulps.

It really is 6 of this and a half-dozen of that. (thumbsu

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 9/21/2023 at 8:56 PM, tth2 said:

Saucy Movie Tales, March 1937, graded as VF+ (and it looks sharp indeed in the scans), went for $28,800.  

Bookery's Guide lists it at $2,250 in VF!

So?  @Bookery's addendum to the guide said multiply everything by x10.  It's a nice price but not that far above the addendum-corrected value.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:25 PM, OtherEric said:
On 9/22/2023 at 11:56 AM, tth2 said:

Saucy Movie Tales, March 1937, graded as VF+ (and it looks sharp indeed in the scans), went for $28,800.  

Bookery's Guide lists it at $2,250 in VF!

So?  @Bookery's addendum to the guide said multiply everything by x10.  It's a nice price but not that far above the addendum-corrected value.

Heritage should add that to their description! lol

Or maybe now is the time for a new Pulp guide to come out, given how hot the market is.  

Damn. I should not have slept on this one. Some decent pickups under $200 A few really nice shadow covers.
And this was a lot 5 books for $200 from heritage is quite reasonable. Nothing spectacular in this lot except this.
I will own this pulp !!! 1 more edit. This is actually 5 or 4 "library" bound in 1 volume.

Screenshot2023-09-22at11_07_54AM.thumb.png.265797b14166626ce96647fbf69871b7.png

Edited by Jack Linguini
more is always better 1x more with feeling