• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This makes me so happy.

***I'm back on the wagon baby!!!

Big fan of Doctor Squatch?

A joke. These reviews are exciting me too.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:39 AM, Microchip said:

He had me when he described the first Predator movie as perfect.    I've watched it a minimum of 20+ times, and it never disappoints! (worship)

These so rarely disappoint (IMHO) .... one of my favorite franchises. I really can't choose a favorite, the first, second, and AVP are all interchangeable depending on my mood. I'm watching Prey right now and am LOVING it. GOD BLESS.... 

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/5/2022 at 4:51 PM, jimjum12 said:

These so rarely disappoint (IMHO) .... one of my favorite franchises. I really can't choose a favorite, the first, second, and AVP are all interchangeable depending on my mood. I'm watching Prey right now and am LOVING it. GOD BLESS.... 

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The AVP movies kickazz as well, all of them do work well, and then you get the Aliens tie in as well.   Ridley has kept that franchise by and large on track as well.   There's very few, with the history, and consistency.   

I've even managed to reconcile the whole Adrian Brody thing :goodvsevil:

On 8/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, Microchip said:

The AVP movies kickazz as well, all of them do work well, and then you get the Aliens tie in as well.   Ridley has kept that franchise by and large on track as well.   There's very few, with the history, and consistency.   

I've even managed to reconcile the whole Adrian Brody thing :goodvsevil:

Some call it a one trick pony, but my, what a pony it is :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Just finished it :cloud9:

... makes me want to find a new J Alexander Thom novel to read, or maybe Michael and Kathleen Gear ... I love historical fiction, especially with the lens on Native America. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 8/5/2022 at 12:02 AM, davidpg said:

Okay so yeah, this was a really good movie! And not just because my cousin was in it.

No spoilers - but the Frenchman with the cigar?

That character was so cold. And in a good way.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

And there is even a tie-in to an earlier movie.

More of this, please! :headbang::banana:

That was handled particularly well I thought, not the slightest hint of cheese about it. 

And a woman using her wits, and cunning in true Predator style, beating the brawn, skills, and tech of the alien.   

It was quite, dare I say it, flawless.  10/10.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:48 AM, Microchip said:

That was handled particularly well I thought, not the slightest hint of cheese about it. 

And a woman using her wits, and cunning in true Predator style, beating the brawn, skills, and tech of the alien.   

It was quite, dare I say it, flawless.  10/10.

Even honoring Native American culture and portrayal. That only enhanced the story for me why the lead was so driven to honor and protect her people.

:womanhero:

On 8/5/2022 at 6:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

No spoilers - but the Frenchman with the cigar?

That character was so cold. And in a good way.

Yes indeed!  And the best part is that we're (bilingual) English Quebecers...we were cracking up at his French ;)

He's an amazing guy, and you should check out his standup as well!  Just Google Mike Paterson...he's done A LOT of stuff!

On 8/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, davidpg said:

Yes indeed!  And the best part is that we're (bilingual) English Quebecers...we were cracking up at his French ;)

He's an amazing guy, and you should check out his standup as well!  Just Google Mike Paterson...he's done A LOT of stuff!

:applause:

And what a movie for him to now say he was part of.

"I did a little role in an action/horror film. Have you heard of Prey??" :headbang:

Ok, this was a pretty F’n great movie period. Not just a great Predator movie. And had it premiered along side of the original Predator movie in 1987 I would have said it was the better film. But it is easily the second best Predator movie today because it requires the innovations created in 1987. 

I only had one major gripe with the movie but I was able to get passed it because of how fun this movie was. Maybe not a spoiler but I’ll tag it. There were also things I would have wished for that could have been done better but hell, they did a fantastic job finally. Finally!  The movie does pander to the audience but its clearly for a new generation. For the older generations they threw in a nod or two.  I would have just preferred the one nod that made me smile. Anyway, they finally delivered. Well done. 

Spoiler

That bear trap on her ankle at the halfway point of the movie would have effectively taken her out for the rest of the show. I was able to let it go. A big plus was the medicines ability to lower body temp which was a great idea. I loved the OG line, If it bleeds we can kill it. Brought a smile to my face. Did not like the taunting at the end “Do it!” We already had the perfect tip of the hat and did not need another. One major gripe and some smaller ones. All forgivable. Loved this movie!

On 8/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, davidpg said:

Your cousin was fantastic. I hate two dimensional bad guys thrown into the mix just to throw them in. I didn’t understand anything he said and I was still intrigued by his powerful performance. Easily the best actor in the entire cast and I’m not saying that because of your connection. Wanted to see more of that dude.