• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

Adorable Elves! they did a fantastic job!

I was thrilled to be #14, that's my birthday #. Thanks for the assist, elves!

For whomever wins theprizes I donated that included masks,  I'll be adding more to this thread (which I've closed until the raffle picks are done), so you can just pick from there. I'm going to add a few non comic ones, too...just in case you live with someone who is not a "collector".

Aaaah so many great donations to choose from this year...argh! Form submitted, although I immediately forgot what I actually ranked in what order upon submitting it, naturally. Not sure if I'll be around for a live pick, but who knows. Yay!

16 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

@skypinkblu was kind enough to toss in a bonus of a $25 Amazon Gift Card to the last name drawn, which was @nickwire this year.  Thank you for your generosity!  :headbang:  Please reach out to one another to get that going.

Already wrote, thanks for the reminder, Sledder, I didn't know if I was supposed to wait till the raffle was done;)

As I mentioned earlier, a very generous and very anonymous board member sent me a big box of around 200 comics to distribute as I see fit as a way to spread some extra cheer this year.  (worship)  The generosity around here still floors me!

One lot of books, the Amazing Spider-man run from 801-839, struck me as a very focused and desirable lot...so I listed it as a possible prize among the other prizes.  That can be claimed just like any other lot with shipping on me. 

I have divided the remaining books into 6 other bonus lots.  I'll describe the bulk of the books here, but there will likely be some other random titles thrown in to fill up the box.  The lots are as follows:

Bonus Lot 1 - Black Panther #513-529; Spider-man: Hobgoblin Lives #1-3; Spider-man: Redemption #1-4

Bonus Lot 2 - Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty (1998) #1-6; Spider-man Team-Up #1-4; Spider-man: Funeral for an Octopus #1-3

Bonus Lot 3 - Elektra (1996) #1-5, 7; Daredevil (2014) #11-16; Battle Scars #1-6; Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm 1-5

Bonus Lot 4 - A variety of Spider-man titles from a variety of eras

Bonus Lot 5 - Metal Men 1-4; Metamorpho 1-4; Lobo #1-4; Lobo's Back #1-4

Bonus Lot 6 - A variety of DC books. Invasion, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman the Wedding Album, Final Night (Green Lantern), etc.

During the 2nd half of the raffle, the elves picked out the names of the bonus recipients.  I put these names in order starting with the name who was drawn last and working backward:

1 - @fmaz

2 - @Readcomix

3 - @smithdatura

4 - @comicdonna

5 - @1Cool

6 - @Silver

What I'm doing is asking these folks to go down the list in order.  So @fmaz gets 1st choice of the 6 bonus lots, @Readcomix will choose 2nd, and so on. 

I will be shipping these out.  In order to make this endeavor not cost too much for me personally, I will be shipping these lots out via media mail.  Given the current backlog, this means they could take quite a while to get to their destinations.  If the winners wish to upgrade the shipping, they are welcome to do so if they pay the difference. 

Now there is a small bump in the road because I know at least 1 bonus winner (possibly more) lives outside of the US where media mail won't work and shipping these lots likely wouldn't make much sense.  If you're one of the 6 bonus members and you live outside the US, please reach out in this thread and let me know.  Here's what I plan to do here: an international bonus winner will not get to pick a prize.  Instead, they will get a $25 Amazon gift card (electronic delivery) and they will get to give their spot to anyone else on the Raffle list of their choosing.  That person will then go to the bottom of the bonus list. 

For example, I believe @comicdonna lives outside the US.  If this is the case, I'll be sending him a $25 Amazon Gift card for his bonus prize and then he's going to give us a name from the raffle list to add to the bottom of the bonus list.  When this happens, @1Cool and @Silver will each move up 1 slot and the new name will be the new #6.  Make sense.

So let me know which bonus winners are outside the US and we will move on from there.

For this bonus stuff, we don't have to wait for the thread.  Whenever you're ready @fmaz, you can pick one of the bonus lots.

Bonus Lot 1 - Black Panther #513-529; Spider-man: Hobgoblin Lives #1-3; Spider-man: Redemption #1-4

Bonus Lot 2 - Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty (1998) #1-6; Spider-man Team-Up #1-4; Spider-man: Funeral for an Octopus #1-3

Bonus Lot 3 - Elektra (1996) #1-5, 7; Daredevil (2014) #11-16; Battle Scars #1-6; Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm 1-5

Bonus Lot 6 - A variety of DC books. Invasion, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman the Wedding Album, Final Night (Green Lantern), etc.

25 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

For this bonus stuff, we don't have to wait for the thread.  Whenever you're ready @fmaz, you can pick one of the bonus lots.

That Black Panther run sounds great, so I’ll take lot #1, thanks!

26 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

For example, I believe @comicdonna lives outside the US.  If this is the case, I'll be sending him a $25 Amazon Gift card for his bonus prize and then he's going to give us a name from the raffle list to add to the bottom of the bonus list.  When this happens, @1Cool and @Silver will each move up 1 slot and the new name will be the new #6.  Make sense.

So let me know which bonus winners are outside the US and we will move on from there.

I live in the US.