• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 8:47 AM, Comics4All said:

This is a pretty good idea!

Sort of like skipping the first 4 episodes of Wandavision! 

I would recommend that for BOBF , except that you would miss out on the always sensational MIng Na Wen! 

Also, If you've ever wanted to hear Boba Fett tell a bantha to be free and go make baby banthas, this is your opportunity!

hqdefault.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Merry Eve of the Fett, younglings  :P

What are we anticipating?  I have my own theories...

I'm just hoping Rodriguez doesn't mess it all up.

Aside from that - nothing, but I'm sure some are threatening to riot if there is no Doctor Aphra. I'm not expecting her, though. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/8/2022 at 7:13 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Merry Eve of the Fett, younglings  :P

What are we anticipating?  I have my own theories...

I honestly don't know what to expect at this point.  To me the Pyke vs Boba Fett story is too big for a finale.  So does that mean I should expect the finale to pick up where the last one left off?  Will we see Grogu make a decision?  But that would seem wrong to have the finale for The Book of Boba Fett to focus on anyone other than the title character.  Maybe Ahsoka comes to deliver Grogu and sticks around to fight?  Clone Wars spoiler:

Spoiler

She's not exactly friendly with the Pykes given the events of season 7.

I'd venture we get another cameo and I'd like for it to be Sabine, but given her connection with the Dark Saber, it makes more sense for her to appear in Mando season 3.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we get an appearance from Hera that sets up Ahsoka's show (which sadly probably isn't set to air until 2023).

The only thing I'm most interested in though is finding out who exactly rescued Grogu from the Temple.

My thoughts…

Spoiler

I’m thinking the series finale rounds out the “Sergio Leone trio” and introduces the third faction that Boba’s squad and the Pykes face off against… 

I see the episode building the tension between Boba and the Pykes to just short of the boiling point.  Right at that point, enter Crimson Dawn, and end on a Qi’ra cameo- walk on from off camera, which keeps people waiting with bated breath until next season.

The other parts come across as distractions.  Luke, Ashoka, dark saber, Grogu.  Grogu’s story will carry into Mando 3.  But the pillar of the story that everything rests on and will result from is the tension building on Tattooine.  One faction against one other faction is boring.  Three is a party…

Edited by CheeseFrog

1000% fanboi prediction :) 

Spoiler

in yet another thumb to the last 2 Star Wars films (especially the 2nd one), Grogu arrives at the end of the episode when straits are dire and saves the day as Luke should have, remembering all his previous training, wearing his Mando t-shirt and handing out overfull plates of force whoop-. Hopefully, he doesn't take Cad Bane's lunch money and toothpicks too. He can let the "star" of the show do that. :banana: For those who don't watch the cartoons, Boba's right hand woman and Bane have a history from a Bad Batch episode.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, fett said:

1000% fanboi prediction :) 

Hide contents

in yet another thumb to the last 2 Star Wars films (especially the 2nd one), Grogu arrives at the end of the episode when straits are dire and saves the day as Luke should have, remembering all his previous training, wearing his Mando t-shirt and handing out overfull plates of force whoop-. Hopefully, he doesn't take Cad Bane's lunch money and toothpicks too. He can let the "star" of the show do that. :banana: For those who don't watch the cartoons, Boba's right hand woman and Bane have a history from a Bad Batch episode.

FB_IMG_1643860627348.jpg.9396750fa3742e19b8c54df4a87495fe.jpg

On 2/9/2022 at 3:01 AM, ExNihilo said:

That was a disappointment.

Hide contents

As soon as Boba killed Cad Bane I was just like "screw this."

yeah kinda meh-just the whole story of them DeBountyHuntering Boba Fett was not going to have an exciting ending. 

Oh boy, some people are going to be sweating with their investment tonight.

Overall I liked most of it. Some great fighting sequences!

Spoiler

Cad Bane dead, damn! Rancor was awesome,.... glad they had Cobb Vanth come back at the very end, after credits.

Edited by Rip

On 2/9/2022 at 1:05 AM, Buzzetta said:

I enjoyed it.  

My qualm was that it was rushed.  Grogu just returning avoids any emotional substance in the same way as the sequel trilogy saying "somehow Sidious is back".  The fight (and this is with any show really) showed an absolute lack of strategy.  I get it, you can't expect the writers to be nuanced with flanking and what not, but "hey, let's all gather and hide behind this personnel carrier" is too simple.  They could have at least attempted to separate the disparate groups.  And then of course there was the monster fight which felt like an homage to Godzilla or King Kong.  It was a big action set that didn't necessarily further the development of these characters much in any meaningful way.  In the end I'm not left thinking "there's the badass Boba Fett we were looking for."

On 2/9/2022 at 4:08 AM, Rip said:

Oh boy, some people are going to be sweating with their investment tonight.

Overall I liked most of it. Some great fighting sequences!

Hide contents

Cad Bane dead, damn! Rancor was awesome,.... glad they had Cobb Vanth come back at the very end, after credits.

Spoiler

And that my friends is why you sell when a character appears, not buy.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

I enjoyed it.  

On 2/9/2022 at 1:19 AM, Key Largo Comics said:
  Hide contents

And that my friends is why you sell when a character appears, not buy.

I liked it. Just went along for the ride and enjoyed it. I liked that referenced  the history between fett and bane. 

There were some good parts in the finale. Wasn’t nearly as fun as the previous 2.  And the end credit scene is supposed to whet our appetite for what’s to come and that fell very short IMO.  I would give the series a 3 out of 5 and the 3 are coming more or less from the 2 Mando based eps. 

Honestly. I'm a little disappointed.

To have a character that brought so much excitement for Star Wars Fandom over decades become this somewhat deadly force that would allow himself to be setup so horribly seemed half-baked. Then with the whole 'last gunfight' concept of it taking the few to overcome the many with their superb fighting skills - it just felt too disingenuous how they overcame the attackers. Including riding a Rancor like something out of Kung Fury.

Kung_Fury.thumb.jpg.a3bf0191bbc1105a7e7c7fd5dba48c8d.jpg

I enjoyed the show. But for me Episodes 5 & 6 were the better told stories.