• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, Rip said:

Razor Crest's are shipping now.

But HasLab should have really waited until the finale to try an sell a new Rancor, cause now I kinda want one. Hoping they will retool it for Book of Boba.

I was thinking that too as it started jumping around the buildings. Really poor planning on the part of Hasbro. And the awful tier system they implemented. 

On 2/9/2022 at 10:31 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, I don’t think 

Reveal hidden contents

Cad Bane is dead

That blinking on his chest meant something. He could take a beating. 

Most of the paraphernalia on Bane's outfit is to help him in various situations; for example those tubes attached to his face aren't because he doesn't breathe oxygen, it's to allow him to go into open space and still breathe when he does.  The light started blinking as soon as the gaffi stick penetrated his chest, so I'm guessing it was some kind of vital sign monitoring system.

Cad Bane travels with a service droid named Todo 360. I bet the light indicated his health monitoring system was beaconing Todo to come help him.  Certainly characters in Star Wars have survived far worse than that gaffi stick to the chest including Anakin, Fennec Shand, or Darth Maul.  Krrsantan took so many plasma blasts in this episode that should be more life-threatening than that gaffi stick wound.

The-Bad-Batch-Cad-Bane-and-TODO-360-June

On 2/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, Lpgk said:
On 2/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, Rip said:

Razor Crest's are shipping now.

But HasLab should have really waited until the finale to try an sell a new Rancor, cause now I kinda want one. Hoping they will retool it for Book of Boba.

I was thinking that too as it started jumping around the buildings. Really poor planning on the part of Hasbro. And the awful tier system they implemented. 

The rancor scene leaked while that Haslab campaign was going on, so even back then I was absolutely flummoxed about why they were running it before Book of Boba came out.  I thought for sure they would just pause it and re-start it after Book of Boba, but no, they announced after the funding period ended that it was dead--despite only being a few hundred backers away from funding.

There HAD to be some politics at Hasbro that killed the project given how close it was to funding.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:11 AM, ExNihilo said:

My qualm was that it was rushed.  Grogu just returning avoids any emotional substance in the same way as the sequel trilogy saying "somehow Sidious is back".  The fight (and this is with any show really) showed an absolute lack of strategy.  I get it, you can't expect the writers to be nuanced with flanking and what not, but "hey, let's all gather and hide behind this personnel carrier" is too simple.  They could have at least attempted to separate the disparate groups.  And then of course there was the monster fight which felt like an homage to Godzilla or King Kong.  It was a big action set that didn't necessarily further the development of these characters much in any meaningful way.  In the end I'm not left thinking "there's the badass Boba Fett we were looking for."

Agreed.

I'm glad this show is done, just didn't live up to expectations.  Can't wait for Obi Wan, hope its not just another vehicle for Mando.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, s-man said:

Agreed.

I'm glad this show is done, just didn't live up to expectations.  Can't wait for Obi Wan, hope its not just another vehicle for Mando.

I don't think it will be. If casting is any indication, it should take place slightly before Rogue One and A New Hope. The only tie I can think of is mention of Grogu or a BK appearance, who wasn't technically in Mando.

This thread is arguing for Disney to make a TINY pool of shows that almost NONE of us would have liked when the original trilogy released in 1977, 1980, or 1983.  Slave I being almost consumed by a sarlacc?  Boba riding a rancor into battle, with said rancor kicking tons of arse?  ???

This is a rerun of 1999 through 2005 with the prequels, so I'm familar with it to the point of expecting it beyond several decades now.  Maximus appealing to the crowd to appreciate his EXCEPTIONAL effort to no avail due to their unrealistic expectations, or in this case adults wanting the ignorant bliss of their childhood back, not getting it, and venting it on Star Wars?  Yep, it was predictable.  :eyeroll:

Book of Boba wasn't great overall, agreed.  Was it the crepe many prematurely-old fans are vomiting out?  No.

mQrgWR@facebook.gif

Edited by fantastic_four

I thought the weakest link was Robert Rodriguez style. He just comes off way too hokey. I thought the same thing on season 2 of Mandalorian with the rolling boulder and so-so action sequences.

But with exception of Episode 3, (that weird slow chase sequence, the "spy kids" direction of those street kids in general) I thought the series was mostly awesome. 

Loved episode 2, blown away by 5,6 and big parts of 7. The group of friends and family I watch it with, for the most part like it was well. Although I know some wish it was a more ruthless Boba doing bounty jobs. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, Rip said:

I thought the weakest link was Robert Rodriguez style. He just comes off way too hokey. I thought the same thing on season 2 of Mandalorian with the rolling boulder and so-so action sequences.

But with exception of Episode 3, (that weird slow chase sequence, the "spy kids" direction of those street kids in general) I thought the series was mostly awesome. 

Loved episode 2, blown away by 5,6 and big parts of 7. The group of friends and family I watch it with, for the most part like it was well. Although I know some wish it was a more ruthless Boba doing bounty jobs. 

When the biker girl pulled up in the middle of a heavy gunfight to park sideways (perfect target stance) so she could get off and save her friend - but halted for a moment to pose for the camera - I was a little disappointed.

Just a little. :shiftyeyes:

On 2/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, Rip said:

After watching the finale again last night I’m more in line with this. I think the sum is greater than the parts, so to speak. Yes there was some wonky stuff in there but even the meh episodes were seeded with cool stuff. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

When the biker girl pulled up in the middle of a heavy gunfight to park sideways (perfect target stance) so she could get off and save her friend - but halted for a moment to pose for the camera - I was a little disappointed.

A least it was offset by the spin/ shoot move by one of the mod gang members. :insane:

On 2/10/2022 at 7:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't even mind the idea of Boba teaming up with those kids. I mean if I read it on paper, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
But seeing it come to life, that's a different story.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:02 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don't think it will be. If casting is any indication, it should take place slightly before Rogue One and A New Hope. The only tie I can think of is mention of Grogu or a BK appearance, who wasn't technically in Mando.

I'm struggling a little to remember the events of Rebels, but is an Ahsoka appearance within the realm of possibility?  Was there anything there that implied she was unaware of Obi Wan's whereabouts?

On 2/10/2022 at 9:49 AM, ExNihilo said:

I'm struggling a little to remember the events of Rebels, but is an Ahsoka appearance within the realm of possibility?  Was there anything there that implied she was unaware of Obi Wan's whereabouts?

It's possible but then If I remember there was a book "Ahsoka" which explained what happened to her during that time. Given that it was a book, its open for possible change to better suit any live action story they may be telling.