• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

There is one thing that I don’t think was ever answered in this series or I may have missed it. 

In episode 2, Fennec says to Boba that they will need permission to kill the Hutts unless “they” have worked it out. Some questions:

Who would they need permission from and why?
Who are the parties and what needs to be worked out?

Did it ever get answered or does anyone have a deep cut guess as to what that scene was referencing?

I guess, it may have just been that the Hutt council would have put a bounty on his head if he killed them. 

The “worked it out” may refer to the Hutt council in general. In Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #5 

Spoiler

Vader executed the Hutt council minus Jabba. Jabba wasn’t around when it went down, so that saved his hide. 

If so, kinda cool to see them weaving in the comics that were released probably after that episode was already scripted. 

OK, just finished the Boba Fett show a couple days ago, and here are my thoughts, which reflect many of yours already posted.

First, I was *really* expecting a high-intrigue, high-violence show focusing on various 'mafia' gangs on the Outer Rim in which Boba would slowly and surely make his way through his list of folks to take down ('The Book'). 

That...did not happen.

So what I did get was something that looks to have switched its gears halfway through production and ended up giving us one of the weirdest hodge-podges of story and character ever seen in the SW universe -- and yes, I did see a so-called 'film' called The Rise of Skywalker.  Boba Fett left the Mandalorian show as someone who didn't take anything from anyone.  Once he did his part of the mission to destroy the all-new Empire, he was out on his own crusade, which felt right.  Teaming up with Fennec to take out Bib Fortuna (SO easily, really?) and establish himself as a crime lord also made sense.

Then the series began and the following emerged:  bacta tanks, sand teens, weak Boba, Jennifer Beals (yay), Jolly Rancher mopeds, local toughs with zero character development, trains, speeder bikes, bantha breeding, forlorn Boba, twin Hutts who give away Rancors for absolutely no reason, a glorified Cad Bane cameo, a goofy mayoral aide, insipid Boba, two episodes of the Mandalorian, a welcome Cobb Vanth cameo, some Freetown heroes to the rescue, scorpion droids, double-crosses, Fennec-as-exposition-machine (in the last two episodes), and "soft" but noble Boba.

What?

This series was all over the map.  At least three storylines that didn't fit together well at all, the weakest of set-ups for the payoffs they gave us, and a ton of side characters that were given nothing of importance to do.  I don't blame the actors -- writers and directors, I'm lookin' at you!  Grade:  C

Looking forward to something more awesome next time I'm on the only planet in the SW universe,

Dan