• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, fantastic_four said:

It just doesn't make much sense for them to say that though, much less do it.  Why would they?  They pretty much had it funded and could have easily met the goal with just a week or two extension.

Aside from speculation over a re-do geared towards Book of Boba, there was also a LOT of negative feedback about the project, particularly regarding the cruddy tiers as you pointed out.  They may have just wanted to scrap it and re-think how to do it right, which is hopefully what happens.

I think the announcing of the hard deadline was to motivate people to act. Because that thing did not look like it was going to make it a week out. There was a TON of negative backlash on social media for this project....I believe they learned their lesson. There was also a Transformers Star Saber project and that easily made the goal. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:26 PM, Lpgk said:

I think the announcing of the hard deadline was to motivate people to act. Because that thing did not look like it was going to make it a week out. There was a TON of negative backlash on social media for this project....I believe they learned their lesson. There was also a Transformers Star Saber project and that easily made the goal. 

For anyone interested in learning a little more on the how-and-why's of the Rancor figure failing as hard as it did, there are some videos that cover it by Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich (who did work on the Star Wars toy line, and many others). If you search his channel videos there are about three videos cover the issues behind the Rancor (during the funding and after the hard deadline passed)

One of the (many) reasons fans were not into it from the onset was that it's a Black series scale 'vehicle', which have been some of the most unpopular things in recent history due to collectors wanting to stick to a certain scale (especially those have the best range of figures to collect)

Edited by Sauce Dog

Finished the last episode. While I always appreciate continuation of the Star Wars story, not sure if I'll watch this again. Definitely rushed and was more Mandalorian than Boba Fett to me but my overall feeling was that it didn't, at least to me, have Boba Fett come off as a bad-. He was trying to be a Daimyo but getting saved at the last second by groups I didn't find any reason to fear or be intimidated by. Mods on neon scooters, nope. Townspeople coming at the last minute to save him so he could hide behind a car, nope. Riding the Rancor was kind of cool but Boba without Ming-Na and the Mandalorian would have been wiped off Tattooine in the first episode. 

No spoiler tags needed anymore, IMO

Okay so I give this episode a "B" grade. 

I agree, Robert Rodriguez should NEVER do Star Wars ever again. His gloppy fingerprints are all over this episode and he ruins otherwise solid-A potential for the story. The slow-mo spin-shoot was embarrassing. In fact, EVERYTHING about the Mod Squad was terrible in every scene they're in. Their names, their looks, their vespas, their dialogue, their acting and their actions (directed by RR). 

Hey Mod-Squad/Spy-Kids: 

giphy.gif

Boba riding and fighting with the rancor was super-cool. He took a lot of hits and kept on coming.

But I thought when Boba got knocked off, which began the KingKong rampage of the rancor was poorly directed (again, RR sucks). All the hits, blasts, jumps and bucking that rancor did before that - Boba had no problem with, but then a little flame from Cad and suddenly Boba is thrown off by some unseen force??? Rancor hardly budged at the flame, just turned and put up a hand, compared with the ginormous moves he was making just seconds before that moment. RR sucks.

And then there's the "oh I can't touch Cad with his bic lighter, even though I just spent 10 minutes taking repeated point-blank blasts from the skorpenek artillery droids". He JUST got done flattening a Pyke with a single smash, coulda easily smashed Cad too. Again, RR sucks. 

But... rancor was cool. I was actually so wanting him to take a few Pykes for lunch snacks, I figured he'd be working up quite the appetite by then! When he finally did I actually cheered! LOL! And Krrsantan, when he was first taken down by the mob of Pykes, I was really hoping they wouldn't kill off his character that way. At least they kept him going and showed his fighting spirit!

Now, Cad v Boba in the street. very cool that Boba used the gaffi stick for the coup-de-grace. Cad stopped by the Tusken weapon. But boy I do hope that's not the end of Cad in live-action SW. He has a back-up respirator, hopefully he's smart enough to have a back-up cardio-pump as well.  We'll have to wait and see. 

And Fennec was CLASSIC in her taking out the Pyke reps, the mayor and the other traitors. Then just walks out like she just clocked out of a regular day at the office. Epic. 

Grogu! The reuniting of Grogu with Mando was rushed and clunky (again.. RR sucks). Grogu was great in taking out the artillery droid and in calming the rancor, then taking a nap. Loved it! The end where he's tapping on the cupola glass to go faster was sooo great! 

So, solid "B" in the final episode.  

Cobb in the Bacta? Cool. 

Now, where is Mando heading off to with Grogu? Back to Luke? Maybe he can learn how to use the Dark Saber there. Like I said, I think Grogu ends up with both the Beskar armor (which we KNOW will be used in Mando Season 3 to protect Grogu from a blaster shot) and he'll end up with Yoda's lightsaber and learning more from Luke. Maybe Ahshoka too. 

Edited by jcjames

On 2/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, William-James88 said:

What I found odd was how cheap and boring some parts of this episode looked.

All Robert Rodriguez. Ugh. Seriously, the three episodes people have qualms about…all RR.