• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, ExNihilo said:

I'm struggling a little to remember the events of Rebels, but is an Ahsoka appearance within the realm of possibility?  Was there anything there that implied she was unaware of Obi Wan's whereabouts?

It’s possible. She’s acting as Fulcrum during this point in time. So, she’s serving as a Rebel spy. In fact, I think the concept of Fulcrum was hers. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, awakeintheashes said:

It’s possible. She’s acting as Fulcrum during this point in time. So, she’s serving as a Rebel spy. In fact, I think the concept of Fulcrum was hers. 

Fulcrum was something she picked up earlier in the war because it was the code name given to Saw Gerrera.  Clone Wars spoiler below:

Spoiler

At the end of Clone Wars Anakin receives a transmission from "Fulcrum" which he at first believes to be from Saw, when it's really from Ahsoka and Bo Katan.

Ahsoka then begins using it as an alias for her Rebel spy network, which she is the first (I think).  Rebels spoiler below:

Spoiler

Agent Kallus also adopts the title Fulcrum later in the series.

On 2/10/2022 at 1:15 PM, Comics4All said:

If all the mods got eaten by the Rancor, I would have given the show an A+

If we were actually meant to care about the mods and modettes, they should've done more in-depth scenes with them.  As it stood I couldn't tell you any of their names in the last ep or really even care to know.  Just bad story telling.  And the fact that Boba actually took tactical advise from one of them that was horrible made it even worse.

Edited by s-man

On 2/10/2022 at 2:40 PM, gadzukes said:

THAT was cringeworthy.  Like they have YEARS of military tactical experience.  The Mods are street punks.

Boba knew some of her team would die. He'd still have the loyalty of any survivors if they were all just following her advice. :yeehaw:

On 2/9/2022 at 4:08 AM, Rip said:

Oh boy, some people are going to be sweating with their investment tonight.

Overall I liked most of it. Some great fighting sequences!

Hide contents

Also those who shipped off a ton of that book to CGC.My instagram was littered with that book for a week.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:08 AM, Rip said:

Oh boy, some people are going to be sweating with their investment tonight.

Overall I liked most of it. Some great fighting sequences!

Reveal hidden contents

Cad Bane dead, damn! Rancor was awesome,.... glad they had Cobb Vanth come back at the very end, after credits.

I remember there being a few rumors of prequel era bounty hunters showing up in Solo: A Star Wars Story.   Some expected Dengar because of the expanded universe stories. 

Then we kind of sort of got Aurra Sing

Yet she was killed off screen in a passing comment directed to Woody that he was famous for killing the feared bounty hunter. 

I am hoping they find a way to bring Cad Bane back.  Make him have multiple hearts or something.  I don't know.  Lego is going to invest in him with a $150 set this summer that no one really knows about (It was leaked).  So hopefully we see more of him unlike Aurra Sing.

image.png.e4afae19bdc07cbc1e3264f944c6afad.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Ended like the rest of the series felt; disjointed and with no real emotion. A solid single episode of Mandalorian could be cut from all this footage, with the rest discarded.

The dialogue between Fett and Bane showed that there could have been potential, if only they introduced Bane earlier in the show to setup a proper antagonist (who would have perhaps served as a better point for Fett's flashbacks since they spoke of knowing each other to build up the tension between the two so we care about what happens, showing how their paths diverted and led Fett to trying to go straight - since everything else with his flashbacks didn't amount to much - would have been so nice to have the Tuskin's still alive and support Fett, making sense on how he can control an entire region now). I almost thought Bane was going to be in the backta tank at the end as a twist.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I almost thought Bane was going to be in the backta tank at the end as a twist.

I thought the same.  After giving the wookie the speech about choosing your employers, I thought he would save Cad Bane in hopes of having a debt that needed to be paid back.  But Bane and Fett have way too much history for Bane to willingly side with Boba like that.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, ExNihilo said:

I thought the same.  After giving the wookie the speech about choosing your employers, I thought he would save Cad Bane in hopes of having a debt that needed to be paid back.  But Bane and Fett have way too much history for Bane to willingly side with Boba like that.

That's why I don't think that it was as disjointed as some people feel.  I understand that many have not seen Clone Wars and Rebels nor are keeping up with the Bad Batch.

The thing is, Filoni is writing this with the understanding that many Star Wars fans are INDEED following from each series he helms to the next one.

There is a LOT of history between Cad Bane and Fett and Asajj Ventress if we ever see her appear.  I do not believe that she is "dead" in the Disney Cannon. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

That's why I don't think that it was as disjointed as some people feel.  I understand that many have not seen Clone Wars and Rebels nor are keeping up with the Bad Batch.

The thing is, Filoni is writing this with the understanding that many Star Wars fans are INDEED following from each series he helms to the next one.

There is a LOT of history between Cad Bane and Fett and Asajj Ventress if we ever see her appear.  I do not believe that she is "dead" in the Disney Cannon. 

She died in the Disney "canon" book Dark Disciple. But as we know live action doesn't always follow what's written.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

The rancor scene leaked while that Haslab campaign was going on, so even back then I was absolutely flummoxed about why they were running it before Book of Boba came out.  I thought for sure they would just pause it and re-start it after Book of Boba, but no, they announced after the funding period ended that it was dead--despite only being a few hundred backers away from funding.

There HAD to be some politics at Hasbro that killed the project given how close it was to funding.

It was killed because the price point was way too high $350, IIRC.

Also, the tier incentive system was flat out insulting. They offered things like a bunch of bones/skulls, a recarded Gamorrean Guard (which had to be clearanced at Target before it disappeared), a diorama (which was nothing more than a cardboard backdrop), and a new uncarded Luke Jedi figure, which will probably be released anyway. This was an utter fail on Hasbro's part and I hope their hubris teaches them a lesson in offering real value. People are not going to pony up premium prices for lackluster items. 

On 2/10/2022 at 5:09 AM, Rip said:

I thought the weakest link was Robert Rodriguez style. He just comes off way too hokey. I thought the same thing on season 2 of Mandalorian with the rolling boulder and so-so action sequences.

But with exception of Episode 3, (that weird slow chase sequence, the "spy kids" direction of those street kids in general) I thought the series was mostly awesome. 

Loved episode 2, blown away by 5,6 and big parts of 7. The group of friends and family I watch it with, for the most part like it was well. Although I know some wish it was a more ruthless Boba doing bounty jobs. 

Im in agreement with you. Loved E2, 5, 6 and most of 7. If they didn't kill the Tuskens just to advance the plot, they could've came in as the cavalry at the end. Which wouldve been a total mark out moment. 

Regarding the rancor and how Boba got it.  I might have missed something in a prior episode, but why did the two Hutts come back and warn him about the Pikes and give him this gift?  They obviously weren't there to collect the wookie gladiator. Why didn't they just stay out of it and be content with eating scurrying reptiles?

On 2/10/2022 at 8:17 PM, Lpgk said:
On 2/9/2022 at 10:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

The rancor scene leaked while that Haslab campaign was going on, so even back then I was absolutely flummoxed about why they were running it before Book of Boba came out.  I thought for sure they would just pause it and re-start it after Book of Boba, but no, they announced after the funding period ended that it was dead--despite only being a few hundred backers away from funding.

There HAD to be some politics at Hasbro that killed the project given how close it was to funding.

It was killed because the price point was way too high $350, IIRC.

In 2020 Hasbro ran a crowdfunding project for the Transformers character Unicron.  The price point was $575, and the target was 5,000 backers.  At the end of the funding period they were at about 3,500, so they extended it for another month.  After that extra month they got above 8,000.

The Rancor had a goal of 9,000 backers.  At the end of the period it was at about 8,500.  They already knew from experience with Unicron--which was at a MUCH higher price point--that they could easily exceed the goal by extending.  That would be particularly true if they just extended it long enough for Book of Boba to start just a few weeks after the funding period.  The fact that they didn't means there was some explicit reason they didn't want to that went beyond whether it could be funded or not.

It's possible they learned about the rancor appearance in Book of Boba during the crowdfunding period and figured they'd cancel the one geared towards Return of the Jedi and tweak it to work for both that film and this series.  (shrug)  Disney has been keeping Hasbro in the dark about characters and stories from the shows--they JUST announced action figures for the Dark Trooper and Ahsoka from season two of the Mandalorian from 2020 that won't even be out until 2023 :facepalm: --so they really may have had no idea there would be a rancor in this series.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, fantastic_four said:

In 2020 Hasbro ran a crowdfunding project for the Transformers character Unicron.  The price point was $575, and the target was 5,000 backers.  At the end of the funding period they were at about 3,500, so they extended it for another month.  After that extra month they got above 8,000.

The Rancor had a goal of 9,000 backers.  At the end of the period it was at about 8,500.  They already knew from experience with Unicron--which was at a MUCH higher price point--that they could easily exceed the goal by extending.  That would be particularly true if they just extended it long enough for Book of Boba to start just a few weeks after the funding period.  The fact that they didn't means there was some explicit reason they didn't want to that went beyond whether it could be funded or not.

It's possible they learned about the rancor appearance in Book of Boba during the crowdfunding period and figured they'd cancel the one geared towards Return of the Jedi and tweak it to work for both that film and this series.  (shrug)  Disney has been keeping Hasbro in the dark about characters and stories from the shows--they JUST announced action figures for the Dark Trooper and Ahsoka from season two of the Mandalorian from 2020 that won't even be out until 2023 :facepalm: --so they really may have had no idea there would be a rancor in this series.

They could have extended it true. But before the end, they said there would be no extensions. Either back it or it gets killed. So props to them, if they were using that to motivate people, at least they kept their word. I would have lost respect for the Haslab team if they extended it based on that. 

I believe Hasbro didn't know about the new rancor. It's clear Disney is not taking any chances with any leaks and that involved the toy teams and definitely the factories. Kudos for them for putting the storylines and media first, rather than trying to make a buck off the merch. 

On 2/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, Lpgk said:

They could have extended it true. But before the end, they said there would be no extensions. Either back it or it gets killed. So props to them, if they were using that to motivate people, at least they kept their word. I would have lost respect for the Haslab team if they extended it based on that. 

It just doesn't make much sense for them to say that though, much less do it.  Why would they?  They pretty much had it funded and could have easily met the goal with just a week or two extension.

Aside from speculation over a re-do geared towards Book of Boba, there was also a LOT of negative feedback about the project, particularly regarding the cruddy tiers as you pointed out.  They may have just wanted to scrap it and re-think how to do it right, which is hopefully what happens.

Edited by fantastic_four