• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

819 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, rexinnih said:

Well, now that this has turned into the next season of the Madalorian, curious to get back to Boba and see how we tie things together considering we have one (?) episode left. 

FB_IMG_1643860836982.jpg.f73bafd7b48050acdba5d440b6a8bfad.jpg

Does anyone know if Favreau explained why he went in the direction he did with the Boba Fett character (taking over Jabba's business and such)?  Why not come at it from the angle of Fett seeking revenge against the rebels as part of the story?  Its not even mentioned in BoBF.  He surely must hold some resentment toward Solo who batted him into the pit.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:37 PM, s-man said:

Does anyone know if Favreau explained why he went in the direction he did with the Boba Fett character (taking over Jabba's business and such)?  Why not come at it from the angle of Fett seeking revenge against the rebels as part of the story?  Its not even mentioned in BoBF.  He surely must hold some resentment toward Solo who batted him into the pit.

I think it is more of a bounty hunter thing.  That you take a job to do something and that there are risks.  

I am basing this off of the line he tells BK to think about who he works for in the future before he lets the Wookie go. 

On 2/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think it is more of a bounty hunter thing.  That you take a job to do something and that there are risks.  

I am basing this off of the line he tells BK to think about who he works for in the future before he lets the Wookie go. 

That could be.

I'm thinking the only way to redeem this terrible start is in season two go back to his beginnings after his father gets his head sliced off and show how he became the bad arse bounty hunter.   Show how he got the iconic armor and gained his combat skills and make it about him.  Because otherwise calling it the Book of Boba Fett makes no sense when you let other characters take over the show.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:09 PM, s-man said:

That could be.

I'm thinking the only way to redeem this terrible start is in season two go back to his beginnings after his father gets his head sliced off and show how he became the bad arse bounty hunter.   Show how he got the iconic armor and gained his combat skills and make it about him.  Because otherwise calling it the Book of Boba Fett makes no sense when you let other characters take over the show.

They kind of did that in Clone Wars.  He was actually mentored by Cad Bane if I remember correctly. 

I am actually enjoying it the whole season.   Is it the best?  No... but it still has me waking up early and watching it before I have to go to work. 

On 2/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

They kind of did that in Clone Wars.  He was actually mentored by Cad Bane if I remember correctly. 

I am actually enjoying it the whole season.   Is it the best?  No... but it still has me waking up early and watching it before I have to go to work. 

See this is the problem.  If you didn't watch the Clone Wars show, which I didn't, then you are scratching your head as to why they aren't showing his origins.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, s-man said:

See this is the problem.  If you didn't watch the Clone Wars show, which I didn't, then you are scratching your head as to why they aren't showing his origins.

I've honesty wondered what the viewing experience is for those who haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels.  There's so much back story regarding the Darksaber, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Mandalore, etc.  Like, in Mando s2 when Ahsoka asks "where is Grand Admiral Thrawn", animated fans lost their collective mind.  Did you just go "who's that?"

On 2/6/2022 at 6:33 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've honesty wondered what the viewing experience is for those who haven't seen Clone Wars or Rebels.  There's so much back story regarding the Darksaber, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Mandalore, etc.  Like, in Mando s2 when Ahsoka asks "where is Grand Admiral Thrawn", animated fans lost their collective mind.  Did you just go "who's that?"

Pretty much! lol

I've had to ask people I know who have seen the CW series about the references or consult the internet.  I might have to break down and watch it.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:41 PM, s-man said:

Pretty much! lol

I've had to ask people I know who have seen the CW series about the references or consult the internet.  I might have to break down and watch it.

Not sure if they still have them grouped together but on D+ they had a bunch of CW episodes highlighted that contained stories related to the Mandalorian. I have not yet watched the entire series but I’ve seen enough episodes to fill in the gaps. 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, bentbryan said:

Not sure if they still have them grouped together but on D+ they had a bunch of CW episodes highlighted that contained stories related to the Mandalorian. I have not yet watched the entire series but I’ve seen enough episodes to fill in the gaps. 

I will check that out, thanks for the info!

On 2/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, that’s exactly it. The Bounty Hunters take no sides. They only follow the bounty hunter code. The pit was just a workplace hazard type deal. 

Also, as others have said we got a few origin stories of Boba Fett at the different phases of his life.  And, to be honest, he was pretty insufferable at some points along the way. 

Edited by awakeintheashes