• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

819 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

They kind of did that in Clone Wars.  He was actually mentored by Cad Bane if I remember correctly. 

Wasn't the season that they had mostly completed before Disney bought Star Wars supposed to focus on Boba Fett becoming the bounty hunter we knew from the original trilogy, and wasn't that season scrapped?  I'm still making my way through Clone Wars so I've only seen a few Boba episodes so far from when he was a kid, but I thought I had heard there was a ton of planned material of Boba as a young adult that never made it into the show that Favreau could now develop in live action himself.

I know that final season of Clone Wars showed some of the content from the scrapped season, and while I haven't seen that yet I thought it was only a small amount of the skipped content that mostly centered around Ahsoka.  Was Boba in that last season they released a year or so ago?

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/7/2022 at 11:38 AM, fantastic_four said:

Wasn't the season that they had mostly completed before Disney bought Star Wars supposed to focus on Boba Fett becoming the bounty hunter we knew from the original trilogy, and wasn't that season scrapped?  I'm still making my way through Clone Wars so I've only seen a few Boba episodes so far from when he was a kid, but I thought I had heard there was a ton of planned material of Boba as a young adult that never made it into the show that Favreau could now develop in live action himself.

I know that final season of Clone Wars showed some of the content from the scrapped season, and while I haven't seen that yet I thought it was only a small amount of the skipped content that mostly centered around Ahsoka.  Was Boba in that last season they released a year or so ago?

Yes, that is true.  We did get some quality episodes though with him teaming up with Bossk and Ventruss that set the stage for him as a bounty hunter in training and trying to get revenge on Mace Windu.

https://clonewars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

On 2/7/2022 at 12:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yes, that is true.  We did get some quality episodes though with him teaming up with Bossk and Ventruss that set the stage for him as a bounty hunter in training and trying to get revenge on Mace Windu.

https://clonewars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

Yup. When you read the early posts in The Mandalorian thread, what I was posting was all the Boba Fett leaks that were coming out. Then at a given point it transitioned to The Madalorian as the key focus for the show.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can I start the series at Episode 5 and reasonably follow along?

I only care about the story involving Mando.

Yes. 

Episodes 5 and 6 are basically Mandalorian episodes, and are awesome. The rest of the episodes are hot garbage. 

Was Boba in that last season they released a year or so ago?

No. The final season mostly revolved around Ahsoka, Maul, and Rex. Since you're still working your way through the show, I don't want to spoil anything by elaborating on the interactions certain characters do or don't have with other characters.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, october said:
On 2/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes. 

Episodes 5 and 6 are basically Mandalorian episodes, and are awesome. The rest of the episodes are hot garbage. 

Maybe watch the last 15 minutes of Episode 4, too. No Mando, but it helps explain why they need him and what he's in for.

Boba Fett is assembling the Avengers on Tattooine it seems.   Why miss out on Captain America the First Avenger?

On 2/7/2022 at 6:38 PM, bentbryan said:

Back when I was a kid, we didn’t have Boba Fett tv episodes we could skip over. We had the friggin’ Caravan of Courage. It had commercials and it sucked but we still watched it! 

:preach:

Damn straight. 

On 2/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, fantastic_four said:

Here's the scrapped scene in question.  None of the Boba Fett stuff from season 7 made it to Disney+.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 7 “Cad Bane Vs Boba Fett” Unproduced Episode Clip - YouTube

This is a pretty good idea!

Sort of like skipping the first 4 episodes of Wandavision! 

I would recommend that for BOBF , except that you would miss out on the always sensational MIng Na Wen! 

Also, If you've ever wanted to hear Boba Fett tell a bantha to be free and go make baby banthas, this is your opportunity!

Edited by Comics4All