• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

I haven't seen anything, nor heard anything, that makes this sound like it will be even remotely decent, but it would be nice to be wrong and to add another DC movie to the list of watchable ones, because there's currently so, so few for me compared to Marvel.

12 hours ago, Hawkman said:

I haven't seen anything, nor heard anything, that makes this sound like it will be even remotely decent, but it would be nice to be wrong and to add another DC movie to the list of watchable ones, because there's currently so, so few for me compared to Marvel.

Unfortunately for some they will factor in every little MCU link across films and call it extremely well thought out and fresh. But then with the Zack Snyder films when he added depth to the characters by showing how conflicted they were with their immense roles in the world, connecting the dots with those concepts became dystopian and apocalyptic in his storytelling. Like some go out of their way to convince themselves they must dislike or hate these films.

Even the scene between Ma Kent and Clark about his choosing a path in BVS gets dragged, and claims Snyder just wanted to taint that special bond between them. Which unfortunately misses the point.

Clark01.thumb.jpg.c8e8a646c6fb257d2b205551ecd7d174.jpg

One of the better explanations hits on the meaning here that unfortunately flies over the heads of those wanting a simpler story.

I know a lot of people have issues with this line. But it's not that Martha doesn't want Clark to help people. It's about her emphasizing to him that it should be his choice, and not his burden. She's telling him that whatever choice he makes will be fine because she knows he's a good person. In MAN OF STEEL, she told him that the truth about him was beautiful and that one day the world would see it as such.

When she says these lines in BATMAN V SUPERMAN she's talking about Superman's public image. Not about Clark himself. And she's right. He doesn't owe the world any explanation because he's neither a politician nor a businessman. He's just a guy who helps people in danger and asks nothing in return.

How many parents would have gone to extremes in order to protect their children? Martha's trying to protect her baby boy from the many cruelties this world is capable of. She's aware of the scrutiny that has come with Superman's public image. But most important, she's afraid of losing her son. And the sad thing is that her greatest fear became a reality at the end of this film.

Hopefully this ends up working for you. But even if it doesn't, that's okay too. But it will probably land with many others. And that's okay too.

Now that is a unique dining experience based on a film's theme.

Wonderland At Home's The Mother Box Meal

themotherbox.thumb.jpg.53b1fa2b1477810f5f475700dacf2ed2.jpg

WONDERLAND AT HOME
A NEW AT HOME IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE
LAUNCHING APRIL - MAY 2021

Create a reinvention of the fan favourite Big Belly Burger, one of the fast-food brands from the DC universe, sip on a Jitters Coffee and make an incredible dessert straight from the cornfields of Smallville. Within the box is a tasting menu of treats along with two beers and some surprise sensorial ‘extras’. Marrying both the physical and digital worlds together, fans can also expect interactive games and exclusive content to enjoy online.

Dishes to be revealed in the run up to launch. Keep an eye on our socials!

THE MOTHER BOX
£100
(*excludes shipping)

EACH BOX SERVES TWO PEOPLE

BOX CONTENTS (DISHES WILL BE REVEALED ON SOCIAL IN THE RUN UP TO LAUNCH):

OCEAN TRENCH
“He comes on the King Tide”
(Vegetarian option available)
Icelandic cod and chips with trench dressing – Prepare at home

THE BIG BELLY BURGER
“I am a black hole of snacks, I’m like a snack hole”
(Vegetarian boxes contain meat-free patties)
An infamous fast food burger from the DC universe, served with condiments – Prepare at home

RESURRECTION
“A beacon to the world”
Inspired by the cornfields of Smallville
**Follow us for the reveal!** – Prepare at home

ANCIENT THEMYSCIRAN FIRE
“Men won’t know what it means… but she will”
**Follow us for the reveal!**

SNACKS & EXTRAS
“There isn’t much justice in this world. Perhaps that’s why it’s so satisfying to occasionally make some”
**Follow us for the reveal!**

KOUL BRAU BEER
“Night and Day”
Two beers straight out the DC universe exclusively brewed for Wonderland At Home (State shipping rules apply)

JITTERS COFFEE
“So you’re fast… that feels like an oversimplification”
Cold brew coffee in a can, served in a flash
Wonderland At Home – Bringing adventure to the table.

Our box can be made vegetarian friendly (we'll swap the burger patty for a meat-free one). Additional substitutions are not available. We will only offer a Vegetarian box for two and a Vegetarian box for four, we are unable to mix and match. Allergens in our box include: wheat, eggs, milk, soybeans, nuts. (We work very hard to manage allergens in our kitchens, but we cannot guarantee our food is 100% free from allergens).

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

"You don't owe this world a thing. You never did."

She's trying to tell him that he can live a life without the weight of every bad thing happening on his shoulders. It's not his responsibility to help absolutely everyone.

:applause:

Some outlets claiming that the "booyah" scene is "being removed", despite that it wasn't a Snyder scene to begin with...

Thinking about it, the line itself is no issue to me. The execution was poor AF, though. I think that there could have been an opportunity to include the line in the film organically. Whedon didn't do that.

33 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Some outlets claiming that the "booyah" scene is "being removed", despite that it wasn't a Snyder scene to begin with...

Thinking about it, the line itself is no issue to me. The execution was poor AF, though. I think that there could have been an opportunity to include the line in the film organically. Whedon didn't do that.

The amount of social media time on 'Booyah' recently as if that catchphrase was key to Cyborg seems nuts. It came from the cartoon show long after the character was first introduced.

Teen Titans' Khary Payton talks the origins of 'Booyah!'

Shacknews caught up with Cyborg voice actor, Khary Payton to talk about Teen Titans and the origins of his iconic "booyah!" catchphrase.

While speaking with Payton at SDCC 2019, we learned a bit more about how he nailed the first iteration of Cyborg’s iconic ‘booyah!’ catchphrase. According to Payton, the first time they used the catchphrase, one of the producers on the show was worried that the phrase was a euphemism for drugs. However, after some convincing, they were cleared to continue using the catchphrase in the show’s writing.

You can check out the full interview with Payton above. Many might recognize Payton as the voice of Cyborg while Walking Dead fans will recognize him as Ezekiel, the ruler of the Kingdom in the show’s later seasons. Of course, Payton has appeared in several other projects over the years, and you can check out all of those over on his official IMDB page. It’s great to see a voice actor as excited about his work as Payton is and it definitely shows in his work.

It's funny how much commotion things like this cause online, such a simple thing as a catchphrase not being used.

When this movie finally hits there are going to be so many comparison videos and articles about the differences from the 2017 version it will be crazy! To be fair I'll be interested to check some of it out just to see what original footage was actually part of 2017 JL. 

I've already seen the comparison clips that show parts of the DC Fandome trailer and the differences that have already been noticed. Some of which are really strange, not just the colour grading but the positioning of characters and backgrounds that make you wonder 'why did they bother changing that....?'

Don't care the recourse, have had enough: the Snyder cut isn't going to redeem this movie.  Being a wet blanket but my 'gut' tells me the excitement and anticipation will eventually become disappointment and anger.  In my heart of hearts the Snyder cut will produce only blips of new footage and be a colossal failure.  I WANT to be wrong however I think the build-up for this will be a major let-down.

3 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Don't care the recourse, have had enough: the Snyder cut isn't going to redeem this movie.  Being a wet blanket but my 'gut' tells me the excitement and anticipation will eventually become disappointment and anger.  In my heart of hearts the Snyder cut will produce only blips of new footage and be a colossal failure.  I WANT to be wrong however I think the build-up for this will be a major let-down.

WOT