• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

Oh, the Amazons can fight in ZSJL? That'll be a welcomed change, for sure.

There was an immediate social media response from some how Snyder enjoys seeing women attached or killed in stories. An equal response came up reminding people of Thanos throwing Gamora off a cliff as a sacrifice. You know - a driven villain targeting their own goals over other life. Not matter how altruistic their intent is.

Selective offense is a Film Twitter sporting event.

Edited by Bosco685

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There was an immediate social media response from some how Snyder enjoys seeing women attached or killed in stories. An equal response came up reminding people of Thanos throwing Gamora off a cliff as a sacrifice. You know - a driven villain targeting their own goals over other life. Not matter how altruistic their intent is.

Selective offense is a Film Twitter sporting event.

Without making it a Marvel vs DC thing, Josstice League's Steppenwolf killed the Amazons with little challenge. At least Snyder is making them appear competent in battle.

34 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Without making it a Marvel vs DC thing, Josstice League's Steppenwolf killed the Amazons with little challenge. At least Snyder is making them appear competent in battle.

Agreed! They are warriors. Not cattle waiting to be cut down.

But the old Snyder attacks of his being a misogynist is ugly and an old troll theme.

In two exclusive images, the villain is more of a walking nightmare than the tattooed crime-lord Leto played before.

What becomes of a prophet of mayhem in a world that has already fallen apart?

Maybe he just lurks among the other nightmares in their blighted landscape. Maybe he has indulged all of his most bloodthirsty impulses to the point of boredom. Maybe he hunts down those striving for order until he finds someone still capable of being hurt.

This is the Joker as he appears in Zack Snyder’s new Justice League, an entirely new element the filmmaker decided to add as he completed his original vision of the the DC Comics team-up. 

Jared Leto’s clown prince was not part of Snyder's original plan before walking away from the movie in 2017 amid a clash with Warner Bros. leadership and grief over a family tragedy, but when HBO Max offered him the chance to finalize his own cut of the movie, the director had a few things he wanted to add to the long-awaited #Snydercut. Batman’s nemesis was one of them. “The Joker is really the only thing that I thought of in retrospect,” Snyder tells Vanity Fair. "But I will say that it was always my intention to bring Joker into that world.” 

joker01.thumb.jpg.a11436f1693b4102930b989d6b7e803d.jpg

joker02.thumb.jpg.a9b4b99262914ba08e976ea50719b24d.jpg

When asked about the missing ink and what happened since we last saw him in Suicide Squad, Snyder said “I would say that there's been some water under the bridge. Who knows what's happened. I don't know if he's wearing makeup, I don't know what's happening. It’s hard to say exactly.”

It seems he preferred this version of the character to the one we last saw, simple as that. It also helps that Joker appears in the film as part of the Knightmare version of the world, where Darkseid has successfully invaded and decimated the planet. That means it doesn't have to tie to any continuity or explain things like the tattoos, but it will give us the Joker Batman pairing many have been waiting for.

We'll see Ben Affleck's Batman talking to Leto's Joker, and it's something Snyder was happy to finally give to fans.

“The cool thing about the scene is that it's Joker talking directly to Batman about Batman,” Snyder said. “It's Joker analyzing Batman about who he is and what he is. That’s the thing I also felt like fans deserved from the DC Universe. That is to say, the Jared Leto Joker and the Ben Affleck Batman, they never really got together. It seemed uncool to me that we would make it all the way through this incarnation of Batman and Joker without seeing them come together.”

So the reason why the Snyder Cut is not going to be four separate episodes is due to studio contract reasons.

So if WB Studios now transitioned this to a TV show they have to adjust for a different actor pay structure.

:whatthe:

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So the reason why the Snyder Cut is not going to be four separate episodes is due to studio contract reasons.

So if WB Studios now transitioned this to a TV show they have to adjust for a different actor pay structure.

:whatthe:

As a home release it doesn’t matter if it’s broken into episodes or one long cut. Just drop it like The Irishman. I can wear out that pause button.

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

That ain't gonna happen. The only "addition" would be a B&W version.

I would love to see that. And I hope this scene Snyder had shot is in the film. Cheesy or not, I very much loved the legacy look and feel of the scene.

JL_Shirt_Rip01.jpg.71a7f9f1d97d274e9feee1ef95742b35.jpg